Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 New Mexico Section Championship

The Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club will host the Section match again this year! This marks the third year in a row we’ve held the New Mexcio Section Match at the Albuquerque City Shooting Range Park, a superb facility. This year, we’ve moved the match up to June 1-3. It gets hot in August, and after last year’s heat and rain (and flooded berms) we wanted to hold this match at a better time of year. Early June in New Mexico can’t be beat. It doesn’t start to get hot until late June, and the monsoon kicks in like clockwork in early July. We expect great weather!

This year, we’ll be running 9 stages (on 9 separate berms), all with a dedicated RO staff. Expect 250 rounds plus chrono on our trademark challenging and fun stages.

Shooters from around the Southwest have come to realize that we put on a good show. In 2005 we had 97 shooters. In 2006 we had close to 130 shooters. We’ve capped this year’s match at 135 shooters plus the staff. With 9 stages, we’ll be able to handle this amount of shooters just fine.

Staff shoots on Friday, June 1, and the rest of the competitors can expect 6 or 7 stages on Saturday, and 2 or 3 on Sunday. This is a trophy match, and we go deep on the trophies! Expect some random draw prizes, a good lunch on Saturday (included in the match fee), and an “above average” match.

The match application is available on www.uspsa2.org under “events”. Check out www.rgpsc.com, we'll be posting there about the match down the line....

Hope to see you there.

Edited by TaterHead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Taterhead,

I'll be there. I haven't shot the New Mexico Sectional since 1989...walked away with a trophy that day...Top Lady. Ouch, that makes me feel old. Boy do I need to practice!

~Nanci~

Shot this match last year. Great match, great stages, great facility, I will be there again this year.

Neal in AZ

Hey Neal, did you drive or fly? It's only about 8 hours driving from me.

Keep an eye on Pat Doyle. B)

Where are scores from last year?

www.uspsa2.org, then All Match Results, choose Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club, then in the 2006 drop down you'll see it.

Thx.

Edited by TaterHead

Shot this match last year. Great match, great stages, great facility, I will be there again this year.

Neal in AZ

I drove, it wasn't bad at all. It is about the same for me since I have to travel North to get to I10 to head East. The guys from PHX went up to 40 and headed East because that made sense for them. It was a good match and worth the drive, I plan on going again.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

John....who needs enemies with friends like you. HaHa!

Scott, we're discussing it now. It's only a couple of weeks before the L10/Open Nats so I'm not sure what'll happen but I'd like to go to NM. It's only about 7 hours driving from here in Gilbert and it's not a bad drive. I just drove to ALB a few weeks ago.

Neal, thanks. If we can work the trip out I'd like to go.

Jasmap, if you go, let me know, maybe we can carpool or something.

Jasmap, if you go, let me know, maybe we can carpool or something.

Great a car full of bagger's! :lol: Watch for the double bagger mobile to roll in! :lol:

Neal in AZ

I drove, it wasn't bad at all. It is about the same for me since I have to travel North to get to I10 to head East. The guys from PHX went up to 40 and headed East because that made sense for them. It was a good match and worth the drive, I plan on going again.

Neal in AZ

Hello to All !

I got my application sent in today.

Who else is thinking of shooting this match this year ?

This was a fun well run match last year, The stages were interesting and challenging.

Changing from Limited to Limited 10 this year, just to make things interesting.

OH wait a second I gotta reload again darn it, Can I get bigger mags for L10.

See Yall There !!

Damon

• 2 weeks later...

We're still two months out from the match, but already have 51 shooters signed up, including 3 GM's.

Here's one stage: "Bad Timing": Sitting in the outhouse, reading a magazine. Get up, get your gun off the nearby stump, load it and shoot! Part of the drill is up the steps to the Lincoln County Courthouse and shoot through the windows. Should be a hoot.

• 1 month later...

Just Got an Email update from Taterhead.

113 shooters signed up with 8 GM shooters. This match is filling up !

May 15th is the deadline to get in for the standard match fee.

Get those Apps in if you are planning to attend this match. Check out the stages on our club website RGPSC.com

It looks to be a lotta fun once again.

See Yall There !

Ok folks were is the nice place to stay that is close to the range and the airport.

There isn't anything close to both. The airport is a good 25 miles from the range, and the range is about 15 miles from the nearest hotel.

Your match confirmation letter lists a number of suggestions. I suspect the ones at exit 157 are nicer, but pricier. The hotels at exit 155 are numerous, and they are the closest to the range. They are all pretty much the usual chains.

I have also heard the the Fairfield Inn is good. Not sure where it is. Being from Albuquerque, I don't spend many nights in hotels!

Hope that helps, if anyone from out of town has better info from experience, please just chip in!

Edited by TaterHead

The match is rapidly filling up!

Registration fee goes from $85 to $100 on May 15. If you were thinking about shooting this match, best sign up it now. We expect to be at capacity way before match date.

Thanks!

Edited by TaterHead

do you have a competitor list for squadding yet. Thanks

pat

Uh, not quite sure what you mean by that, Pat. Yes, we know the competitors so far, but final squadding is not yet completed.