Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Housekeeping Monthly May 1955

Merlin Orr

I have no right to question him.......not!

If I had questioned him earlier he might not be in the dog house right now.

Yes, I know my place.....to keep his butt out of trouble. :lol:

lol, I don't think my parents thought or lived that way in 1955.

That document reflects attitudes worse than slavery!!!!!

And you wonder why a few bras were burned way back then... <_<

...Fuh cryin' out loud, who the f**k wrote this obscenity...?!?!?!?!

Whoever the person was, im sure he has passed on...one way or the other :ph34r:

Jim

...Fuh cryin' out loud, who the f**k wrote this obscenity...?!?!?!?!

I'm always asking my wife to be a little gayer. She says that I'm queer enough for the both of us :P (She literally just said that)

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

"Whoever the person was, im sure he has passed on...one way or the other."
Swiftly and brutally, I'm sure. :ph34r::P:ph34r:
"I'm always asking my wife to be a little gayer. She says that I'm queer enough for the both of us (She literally just said that)"
That's funny! :D

Lighten up, folks... it's a fake. The picture was taken from a 1967 cover of John Bull magazine. Authorship of the article is unknown but it is a 100% fake, most likely from the mid 80's....

Here's the original cover of John Bull magazine 1967

7%20John%20Bull%20cover.jpg

Edited by BritinUSA

"Whoever the person was, im sure he has passed on...one way or the other."
Swiftly and brutally, I'm sure. :ph34r::P:ph34r:
"I'm always asking my wife to be a little gayer. She says that I'm queer enough for the both of us (She literally just said that)"
That's funny! :D

Siggy if you liked this "good wife's guide" you would just LOVE the other 3 or 4 I have in my collection.... :P

Don't get em twisted up in a knot, now.... ;)

Different times, different situation. Back then, it was a lot easier for a women that wanted to stay at home, to do so, but a lot harder for those that didn't, to find equal jobs or equal pay.

By the way, as much as we complained while it was going on, most of us knew that there was no downside to a bunch of women burning their bras. Freedom is a wonderful thing to behold.

Lee

PS: I don't live in Davie any more. I don't even live in the US. I'm hiding out in Siberia. Trust me. :unsure:

Unfortunately, as women have taken on the newer equality of the times and shunned their stay-at-home status, almost all American families have grown dependent on two incomes. What we didn't realize back then was that a stay-at-home wife was really an economic safety net if the working hubby couldn't work any more, either for disability, unemployment, or death. She could always throw her hat into the arena, albeit for less pay, but then work and pull the family through on her one income. Now we carry so much debt and have grown accustomed to two income lifestyles that there isn't much choice but to file for bankruptcy if either becomes out-of-work for an extended period of time.

edit: wait, I forgot to say something funny... quick, think of something... ah to hell with it. I'm too tired.

Edited by Erucolindon

Now I have found a new date topic of conversation. All I have to do is bring it on the first date and tell her she has to agree to all conditions set forth in the article. If she gets mad I can bolt and leave her with the check. Wife selection at its best. No more prolonged dating to find out if you like someone. Well, maybe the end of all dating but who really knows.

Hahaaahahahaa.

That is one of the most degrading things I have ever read. I feel like a bad person for laughing as hard as I did.

Unfortunately, as women have taken on the newer equality of the times and shunned their stay-at-home status, almost all American families have grown dependent on two incomes. What we didn't realize back then was that a stay-at-home wife was really an economic safety net if the working hubby couldn't work any more, either for disability, unemployment, or death. She could always throw her hat into the arena, albeit for less pay, but then work and pull the family through on her one income. Now we carry so much debt and have grown accustomed to two income lifestyles that there isn't much choice but to file for bankruptcy if either becomes out-of-work for an extended period of time.

edit: wait, I forgot to say something funny... quick, think of something... ah to hell with it. I'm too tired.

You ain't from around here...are ya boy? :lol:B)

"...families have grown dependent on two incomes."
And not necessarily because they've taken on more credit card debt or become over-indulgent, either! It takes two incomes in many cases just to pay the rent (let alone a house payment!), buy food, buy petrol, raise a child, buy medicine, make even a modest car payment, pay insurance premiums, buy clothes (even second-hand ones), see the occasional movie or buy a little take-out now an' then... and still find a little left over for shooting. :(

FYI: My rent consumes a full 60% of my net income. This makes the futility factor a little high. <_<

wow, my current girlfriend is pretty much like that now. I always knew she was a bit old fashioned, but i guess more so than I imagined. maybe I better marry her before she gets away. then again, maybe its all a an elaborate scheme......

"...families have grown dependent on two incomes."
And not necessarily because they've taken on more credit card debt or become over-indulgent, either! It takes two incomes in many cases just to pay the rent (let alone a house payment!), buy food, buy petrol, raise a child, buy medicine, make even a modest car payment, pay insurance premiums, buy clothes (even second-hand ones), see the occasional movie or buy a little take-out now an' then... and still find a little left over for shooting. :(

FYI: My rent consumes a full 60% of my net income. This makes the futility factor a little high. <_<

I know. I read that scary yellow book, The Two Income Trap... all about the problem. I'd recommend it to anyone that isn't already independently wealthy.