• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been waiting for this for 4 years. Mmmmm mmm good. Payback Baby! :P

Mr. Mongoose Face

I like it.

(for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about look here)

LMAO, that is funny, I can't imagine being there!!

Tighty Whities :unsure: WTF dude???

A little more discretion could have been used IMO before firing off that shot..... :D

:lol: You know, its funny, but I didn't even see it until I looked the pics over today... I just don't notice things like that while I'm taking them... :D

I'm offering deep discounts to anyone who can make that photo disappear.... B)

Well, I can delete it off my hard drive, but somehow I think John's squirreled away a few copies by now... :lol:

But, you know, "Mongoose Face" is actually an apt description.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoose :D Need I bring up that I drive a Pit Viper??? :lol:

Somehow, I'm sensing that payback is going to be a serious bitch on this one, though... <_<B)

(I'm so sorry to do this to your great thread Sharyn.)

Well, I can delete it off my hard drive, but somehow I think John's squirreled away a few copies by now... :lol:

But, you know, "Mongoose Face" is actually an apt description.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongoose :D Need I bring up that I drive a Pit Viper??? :lol:

Somehow, I'm sensing that payback is going to be a serious bitch on this one, though... <_<B)

This post is useless without pictures

2107184800px-DwarfmongooseKorkeasaarizoo.jpg

Thanks everyone! I'm really glad you enjoyed the videos. I have enough additional videos to try and put together a montage... but, I can't force creativity. :)

Videos look good Sharyn, what type of setup are you using (Camera and all)?

I use a Sony DCR-DVD101 camera, USB cable, my ol' trusty Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Verizon Broadband card and a $19.95/mo host. Nothing too exciting, fancy or pricey and it's capable of providing near up-to-the-minute coverage (granted, this past weekend could have been a lot faster with two people - one filming and one rendering). In the somewhat recent topics of match coverage and the complaints that it's not supplied quick enough or that it would cost too much to supply quicker coverage... I just wanted to show those statements to be unfounded. And, currently at a mere 7.5% use of available bandwidth and 10% of available disk space, we've got plenty of room to grow! :D

My setup was not pushed to it's limits this weekend and it's capable of providing better video quality, quicker. (keep in mind that better video quality is going to be slower downloads for the viewer depending on their connectivity. I try to provide a happy medium. ;) ) I'm not familiar with webcam or other somewhat "live" coverage devices, but that would be the next step... however, I'm sure it would take a huge step backwards in visual quality. This was just an experiment to see what really could be done and at what cost. Hopefully this showed that it can be accomplished and will inspire others to try too. :D

Awsome job Sharyn. We all appreciate the work.

Glad the move worked out, welcome to the Gunshine state.

Wife got a kick out of seeing your video after meeting you today.

It was nice seeing you and meeting your wife. Thank you for the welcome!

How come you're not shootin' the match?

I didn't shoot because I didn't know what my work schedule would be at my new job. I was able to self-schedule my shifts so it worked out that I could attend... but waaay past the FL Open application deadline.

Singlestack, thank you for organizing the thread! And, no problem with the thread drift. I always wondered what the "tighty whitey" story was and never saw that thread! :D

I'm amazed at all the "threats of payback" exchanged in this particular thread... when you all know damn well that a mere 20 frogskins and digital photo evidence tossed in the way of the topic starter could yield an image worthy of the cover of Front Sight.

:lol:

I have some pretty cool match pictures with better facial expressions than the "Mongoose".

One in particular stands out.

If I had to title the picture I would call it "Banzai"!

However, I will decline publishing them on the forum without the permission of the subject.

He may not want a new nickname hung on him. :D

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Here's your red thong:

Mongoose%20Face.jpg

Since it's obvious one of the little known components to match success is now out, I may as well capitalize on it. I'll be sharing the mongoose face and "all" the other secrets to match success in a series of limited capacity training classes. Stay tuned to the CPWSA website for upcoming details and schedules. :lol:

Edited by cpty1

Alright, gotta chime in. After all it is my friend and teammate you are attempting to disparage here. Couple that with the fact that I witnessed the infamous tighty whitey incident as well, I feel that I can provide some valuable insight. We don't call that the Mongoose face in these parts, although it was proven unequivocally that the Mongoose is higher on the food chain than the pit viper at this match; so it is a nice moniker! No my friends, that is known as the Chrissy Kissy face! We see it every 2nd Saturday of the month when Mr. CPWSA shows up to give us a whippin at Cherokee.

Who loves ya baby! :ph34r:

GREAT picture, Chris!!! I can't wait to Photoshop it!!! :lol:

Seriously though... nice comeback and congrats! :D

oh my!.....

good job chris!

lynn

Alright, gotta chime in. After all it is my friend and teammate you are attempting to disparage here. Couple that with the fact that I witnessed the infamous tighty whitey incident as well, I feel that I can provide some valuable insight. We don't call that the Mongoose face in these parts, although it was proven unequivocally that the Mongoose is higher on the food chain than the pit viper at this match; so it is a nice moniker! No my friends, that is known as the Chrissy Kissy face! We see it every 2nd Saturday of the month when Mr. CPWSA shows up to give us a whippin at Cherokee.

Who loves ya baby! :ph34r:

where you been dude? get back in the game!

lynn