Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo Capacity Confusion

Jman

I'm about to drop $150.00 + or - on four of their mag extensions. I have new 15 round FML (not L.E.O.) mags with the #7 displayed at the top of the follower. What will my increased capacity be?

Jim

I use the +3 on my G22 15rd mags(IPSC Standard Division) with no. 6 follower and 10% extra power springs and no other modifications and can easily load 18rds no problems.2 of the mags will take 19rds but will only load from slide lock.I just haven't had the time to play around with or cut the springs, but i would reckon that 19 reloadable is within reach.

Hope this is useful.

When I refer to sites that sell the part, they all say +6 in 9mm and +5 in 40S&W. Some make mention "Will fit Pre-Ban FML an NFML mags" but nothing about followers. Nothing about certain combinations of parts needed to get to this magic +5

...still scratching my head.

Your right Flex...three will do for me. Three equal sized mags on my belt won't effect my aerodynamics. :)

You will get 20 in the mag with the Arr. base pads. I usually only load them to 19 though. It makes the reload more reliable. With 20 in the mag, you gotta slap that sucker home with AUTHORITI (insert cartman with a nightstick pic here).

Edited by SA Friday

You will get 20 in the mag with the Arr. base pads. I usually only load them to 19 though. It makes the reload more reliable. With 20 in the mag, you gotta slap that sucker home with AUTHORITI (insert cartman with a nightstick pic here).

excellent, thanks!

DITTO ............ I get 20+1 in .40 S&W but for reload-able mags I only load 19, and I get 23+1 in 9mm (only loading 22 for reload mags)

Best mag extensions on the PLANET when it comes to Glocks.

DITTO ............ I get 20+1 in .40 S&W but for reload-able mags I only load 19, and I get 23+1 in 9mm (only loading 22 for reload mags)

Best mag extensions on the PLANET when it comes to Glocks.

+1 to that. 24 rounds'll get you through alot!

Went with the Arredondo kits due to time more than preference. I cannot get 20 into them bad boys (yet). I have a feeling it's a follower problem. They're all new factory mags so I don't have a clue why they wouldn't. Oh well. It's a plinker gun anyways.

Rich

There's no way I could get 20 rounds in late production mags and have any hope they'd function better than 50%. No follower helped, not even the +1 follower.

I had to buy old style mags (all used LEO) from CDNN, which are less tapered than the new mags. Same difference as you find between Para and S_I mags in shape.

Same situation with Dawson extensions as well.

Old style tubes with Dawson or Arredondo extensions, 1/2 coil cut from the spring, +1 followers, and 20 rounds works very well with a properly prepped mag. Don't plan on reloading to it unless you're a gorilla. Reloading to a 19 round mag gives you 40 rounds, so you're good to go there.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to reliability, so I went through 21 mags to find 4 that held 20 rounds and worked 100%. All the rest easily held 19 rounds and are easily reloadable with any parts I tried. Not every old style mag i tried would hold 20 rounds, so there may be 3 different types out there.

No, I use some of the early ones that look like 9mm followers. I have several that I hoard. The mag bodies are not the newest generation. Not sure how old they are. I will try my follower/spring combo in the new mag bodies to see how many they will hold.

The followers are stamped 1028.

Edited by Joe D

Joe, Good. I'll look for the results here.

This sort of gets my goat. The base pad mfg 'should' indicate the what the

capacity will be with various style/gen of mag. Not might be. Oh well. :blink:

I know this is a little off topic but I get 21 in a starting mag. But this is with the large frame kit which still fits in the mag gauge. i normally only put 20 in them cause they are definitely not a reloadable mag.

Just my .02

This sort of gets my goat. The base pad mfg 'should' indicate the what the

capacity will be with various style/gen of mag. Not might be. Oh well. :blink:

I'd blame Glock more than the base pad mfg's. Glock changes there stuff enough that it is hard to keep up with them.

I prefer the Dawson as well. I don't like having to find a tool to take the mag apart.

That is my bone of contention as well.

Some suggest lashing that tool to the range bag. I'd have to find it first, then have to have the right range bag with me. :unsure:

In the end, I resolved that I'm going to have to cut probably 1/2 a coil of out mine in order to get 20 into the mag without hopefully compromising reliability. They run like a champ, just don't hold 20 like they should.

I honestly have no idea why I'm that concerned about it. I will never use my G22 in Limited. It is a consideration if I use it in Tac-Irons/Tac-Optics at an IMGA 3-Gun match though.

Rich

I also have the FML mags with the "7" on the follower and arredondo extensions I can get 20 and you can load it if you abuse it but I usually load 20 in the first mag and 19 in ther rest just to be safe. They work 100%

I also have the FML mags with the "7" on the follower and arredondo extensions I can get 20 and you can load it if you abuse it but I usually load 20 in the first mag and 19 in ther rest just to be safe. They work 100%

Dave

Are your mags new? Any markings like 'Gov' or L.E.O.?

I'd like to point out that reliability with 20 rounds is definitely impacted by major or minor loads. What works for major loads may not work with minor loads.

All my testing has been with minor loads for my wife's G35.

I've got Arredondo tools clipped to both bags my wife and I take to a match for the couple of Arredondo extensions we use. I've got 4 Para mags with Arredondo extensions on the way, but with 16 extended mags (14 have Dawson extensions) I don't think I'll ever have to worry about taking anything apart at a match.