Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Speed Pouches

ihatepickles

I don't want to seem like I'm pimping a vendor, but the Limcat Speed Pouches are kind of rare and I just noticed Speed Shooters International has some in stock.

How's the retention with the new design? I know some folks felt the older design would be a bit better if the tension could be tuned. These are just some slick pouches, I wish it was available for other gun, but since Limcat doesn't seem to do a very large run of the S_I version I'm guessing the Glock version won't be coming soon.

The SpeedComp stuff has the 1 axis adjustment just like everyone else, the difference being the bullets point downrange instead of parallel to the belt.

The only 2 pouches I've seen with a multi-axis adjustment are the Gugas and the Limcats. The minimalist appearance is just icing on the cake, the real feature I'm curious about is getting the pouches more inline with my wrist angle.

I use the Limcat and haven't had any problems. The reason I chose it over the CR Speed is I've seen so many retention screws got lost during matches. Other than that they work well too. You can also use the Limcat for AR15 mags.

I agree those Limcat holders look very simple and clean. I went for something a little more clunky looking but can place the mag in the same position and there is no issue with tension.

How are those working out for you? Do those feel better than mag pouches that point the bullets to the side? Interested in that design.

If you like the Limcats definitely check out the GUGAS RIBAS from Speedshooter.com. You can set them up for conventional mag position of the bullets parallel position and the whole set up moves spherically. They are also built like a tank.

Found more limcats if anyone is interested. I just bought some myself. I hope they are as cool as they look. limcats

I'm not certain, but I believe the link you provided is for the older style Limcat pouches. The older style pivot parallel to the belt. I believe the newer style have more movement, similar to the spherical rotation of the Gugas Ribas. Buyer beware.

I could be mistaken as I haven't been able to lay my hands on the newer style.

I had two problems with the Limcats:

#1 I had a prolem with knocking the mags out if I were to bend over. They would simply push through the plastic that was designed to hold them. This may have been corrected in the new design though, I at least hope so. I can't tell you how many times I cringed as I heard one of my .38 Super mags hit the ground fully loaded.

#2 I couldn't get them on my new CR Speed belt without taking a file to them in order to open up the slot for the belt. Since I was using someone elses pouches I opted to just get a different pouch when I needed to return them. I went with Safariland 773's but I liked the adjustablity of the Limcats a lot.

Joe W.

I thought RUSH was out of business. The new style black holster was like 3-4 years ago. They are back to silver(nickel plated) again. That is the old style mag pouch. I was contacted by an individual about buying all Rush's remaining inventory. It never went any further. Dont know what ever came of it.

Limcat did redesign the pouches and he was supposed to have shipped me some last week but they are not here yet. I will get a pic and post it when they do come in.

I think you might be right about them being out of business. I got an automated email reply when i ordered them, but i don't see any transactions at all from my bank. Maybe they aren't really there.

Edited by hitman_usmc

I think you might be right about them being out of business. I got an automated email reply when i ordered them, but i don't see any transactions at all from my bank. Maybe they're aren't really there.

They may be, but the limcat page has been updated in the last month. They added the "back in stock." I was searching for additional gear for a new setup and re-hit their page. I order some parts from Rush back in June/July and got the firing pins but they didn't ship me a pouch as a replacement before Brazil (I wasn't charged for it either).

Limcat did redesign the pouches and he was supposed to have shipped me some last week but they are not here yet. I will get a pic and post it when they do come in.

Chuck, I would really like to the new design. Hopefully they haven't been moved out too far. (Not because of the proposed rules) I don't like the GR design and some of the other adapations that place the mag in the correct ergonomic position, they are too far away from the belt and the pivot pin means they bob around too much. IMO I've run the Limcats since their introduction. The limcat design is sleek and robust.

Kenny

Edited by MasterLefty

I agree those Limcat holders look very simple and clean. I went for something a little more clunky looking but can place the mag in the same position and there is no issue with tension.

How are those working out for you? Do those feel better than mag pouches that point the bullets to the side? Interested in that design.

I haven't tried the mag pouches like the cr speed so I can't make a fair comparison. I like the idea of less rotation that the speedcomp pouches suggest. I don't like the fact that they are not easily adjustable, but I can live with it.

-Albert

I think you might be right about them being out of business. I got an automated email reply when i ordered them, but i don't see any transactions at all from my bank. Maybe they're aren't really there.

They may be, but the limcat page has been updated in the last month. They added the "back in stock." I was searching for additional gear for a new setup and re-hit their page. I order some parts from Rush back in June/July and got the firing pins but they didn't ship me a pouch as a replacement before Brazil (I wasn't charged for it either).

Chuck, I would really like to the new design. Hopefully they haven't been moved out too far. (Not because of the proposed rules) I don't like the GR design and some of the other adapations that place the mag in the correct ergonomic position, they are too far away from the belt and the pivot pin means they bob around too much. IMO I've run the Limcats since their introduction. The limcat design is sleek and robust.

Kenny

I really dont know whats up with them. The holster is on that page also. I can tell you that Johnny hasnt made holsters for some time and sent me an email last week that he had pouches but no holsters yet. The holsters have been silver for the past year or two.

I will get a pic and post it when they come in.

I had used the Limcat mag pouches for a couple of years.

They work really great with STI mags , thanks to the ribs on the mag body.

I changed to safariland because I do use Rescomp mags and they have no ribs, so the retention is inexistant. But with STI mags, they are top notch !

goodie..goodie! been waiting for it to arrive..hope you can post it in your website with a large pic. will order some when it arrives. :D