Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forgive Me Lord, For I Have "dremeled"

Barrettone

Dammit!!! I never thought it would come to this. The economy is quite slow here in the "Motorless City", so the lavish gunsmithing budget I used to have has gone away and been replaced with useless items such as "food", a "mortgage", and the dreaded "vehicle payments". I am now "Billybob the Basement Gunsmith". It wasn't much...just fitting an ICE magwell on a (GASP) Limited Gun. Had to fit it, and it required some "retrofitting" (I'm just experimenting with it...not to worry guys...Besides, you didn't think I would practice on my beloved revo...did you?).

So I call upon my arsenal of Dremel tools that I had acquired over the years (just in case it ever came to this), and went to work. I used carbides, sanding wheels, polishing wheels (ARGH, ARGH, ARGH...in a Tim Alenesque tone). When all was said and done, I was quite happy with the results. Mags go in like butter, and it is smooth as an infants posterior.

Now, luckily I have loaded and stockpiled over 70,000 rounds, and since I can RO for my match fees at my home range which is only 5 minutes away, I am pretty much set for the year. I have my two Randy-sized 625's, and now, with my newfound gunsmithing skills, I think all is going to be OK for this year (only shooting 5 majors). :(

Dremeling is quite the empowerment "tool". I highly reccommend it. I think I need to go on sabbatical to Iowa and train with the "High Priest of the Dremel" so that I might continue my journey down the path toward "rotary dependence".

Kumbaya Dremel...Kumbaya...Kumbaya Dremel...Kumbaya :wub:

Edited by Barrettone

I hope this looks better than the blueing job you did on the Kimber, cuz that was kinda crappy. :D

Porto-johns have feelings too you know...besides, I wanted a little brown inlay on the slide. :lol:

Edited by Barrettone

Follow the beautiful beacon of the Dremel, my son, and you shall lift your face up from your spinning mire of misery and behold the harbinger of a new consciousness. For you must seek not rotary dependence, but begin your quest to discover the transcendental rotary enlightenment that only the Dremel can beget.

(Plus them things is good for grindin' all kinds of shit!)

I am but yon accolite of dremeldom, seeking higher planes of rotary bliss. Yay, though my bethrothed had happy placement beneath the yuletide and beckoned me hither to render shiny paper from boxed husk, I soon found I was a squire amongst dremel giants as I proceeded to shiny sticks of thunder. Although smoothed by hours of buffing with provided pastey spooge the shiny everlast was not fruited. I beseach thee to douse my annoited head with these stones of process, so that I might abound in the realms of pure insertions. (or how the heck did you shiny them up with dremel stones and such?).

It is in the dremel that we are one. And great solace comes from the quest for rotary excellence, for it is the journey and not the conquest that defines one's homesmithing accomplishmants. I can only pray that one day I am but worthy to dremel the Great Ones yellowed Iowan toenails. :ph34r:

In addition to my vast Demel collection, I added one of these to the bench over the Holidays....................

You know, for those larger jobs!

I changed one stone over to a buffing wheel, and my mags never shined to bright!

Grind on!

It is in the dremel that we are one. And great solace comes from the quest for rotary excellence, for it is the journey and not the conquest that defines one's homesmithing accomplishmants. I can only pray that one day I am but worthy to dremel the Great Ones yellowed Iowan toenails. :ph34r:

UUUgh! until the "toenails" I was going to give you the directions to the Fall Iowa Revolver Revival Festival. But I'm afraid I draw the line at a grown man bowing at the feet of Dr. Dremel, but then with his shoes off, none may be left standing either.

In Life as in the Dremel, if you turn around, there you were.

Are you guys OK? :wacko:

After almost 20 years living in this part of the world I thought I could speak English.

By the way, I've been trying to find a similar thread in the other forums and I've not been able to.

That's why I love revolvers!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Are you guys OK? :wacko:

After almost 20 years living in this part of the world I thought I could speak English.

By the way, I've been trying to find a similar thread in the other forums and I've not been able to.

That's why I love revolvers!!! :lol::lol::lol:

no

Now, luckily I have loaded and stockpiled over 70,000 rounds... snip

Should we pitch in to get Jeff a tv set?

Dremeling is quite the empowerment "tool".

I like that one... DIE STUPID METAL, DIE!!

:lol: