Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Damn Barrel Link!

Longer than the barrel. There should be almost zero force on the link.

I agree but had one break around 80-100K so it couldn't be a ill fit because it would bever have lasted that long and that was in 175PF days. I think it just plain wore out. :) When I replace a barrel of course a new link goes in. Most of my Open guns have had barrels and comps replaced.

If it looks like the link is cracked all around the center of the thin edge, that's normal for a lot of them-- it doesn't sound like that's your problem, since your gun quit working, but I had a friend run off and try to get a new link when they noticed it right before a big match.

its chromed and don kehoe doesnt build guns anymore, so I'm just going to send it to someone local. the "ring" just snapped in half while I was shooting it. I started getting jams and the gun was firing 1 shot then jamming. it wasnt extracting either and there was this hollow feel in the grip. I did it three times, then took the gun to the car and stripped it. the link was a half moon after that and I knew I was in for trouble. I never saw link go before on any of my stockers, but these custom jobs are like performance cars. you never know whats going to happen from day to day. the gun ran flawlessly prior to this. thanks for all the advice. I do appreciate it. :)

i wonder if the guy you brought it from gave you the actual round count....

it has around 4-5k rnds :mellow:

i believe i gave 1/2"grp full description of the gun and even testfired it before making any decision it is one of my limited back up gun. i feel your pain 1/2"grp.. :( the link size they usually use #3

Edited by adiksaputok

not since I bought it! I put around 5-6k through it already. I have no problems with you Adiksaputok. I'm thrilled to have it. I'm just trying to get to the easy quick fix here.

I knew yoshi knew you, so I thought he might know the gun. That is all. not pissed at you. just pissed I cant shoot it.

not sure i do know him. my comments weren't meant as an attack on your character, adiksaputok. My apologies if it came off that way.

I don't keep good track of how many rounds has gone down my guns. If i ever decide to sell any of my guns (which will never happen), i will give a higher than normal estimate to the potential buyer.

not sure i do know him. my comments weren't meant as an attack on your character, adiksaputok. My apologies if it came off that way.

I don't keep good track of how many rounds has gone down my guns. If i ever decide to sell any of my guns (which will never happen), i will give a higher than normal estimate to the potential buyer.

no harm done no problem with me. its just my concience i feel guilty cause the sti came from me thats all :ph34r: and your comment was not taken as an attack.

i would feel the same way. in fact, i had a wilson CQB which i owned but never shot (don't like guns i can't modify because of some uber expensive finish) i sold to a friend. It loaded and shot factory ammo with no problems. Reloads were a completely different story. Wouldn't feed worth a damn. He was getting frustrated and I felt bad since i sold him the gun. Just to prove its not the gun and it was the reloads, i loaded up around 4000 rounds of ammo for him (he paid for the materials) to shoot. My reloads fed perfect. Now he feels the purchase was well worth it. Its all about customer satisfaction.

Sorry for the long thread jack.

I just want to reiterate that I'm not upset about my purchase at all. theres no buyers remorse. this gun is beautiful. the worksmanship is above par. It has nothing to with Adiksoputok. he even felt guilty enough to pm me and offer to fix the gun for me. that speaks bounds of his character. now if I could just get the gun fixed so the fun can continue.. :wacko: