Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10/22 Triger Group

D.Hayden

Forum member Joe Wilson does 10/22 triggers..

I will try to find the one I had to download from the Rimfire Central Forum when I could not get mine back together.... I do remember that you need a toothpick to hold stuff in line till you put one of the pins in... :lol:

lol.. Merlin.. I have one I downloaded like that.. that part went ok..

I just have no idea where the flat stamped steel goes..

If you want to give me a call just send a email = assc@sbcglobal.net I have ben in and out 100s of times on a 10/22

Jamie

That instant when all the insides from your Ruger go "sproing" and fly out is the moment that separates the men from the boys....

and usually preceeds a lot of crawling on the floor and combing the shag rug with a flashlight in your mouth....

Edited by bountyhunter

The bolt stop, or whatever Ruger calls it, goes on the left side of the magazine release. The bent tab is in the center of the trigger group, to hold the spring. That's the only sheet metal part that I can remember in the trigger group. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies..

This is sort of like when I try to work on cars..

There's a good reason I'm a software guy :)

Getting the trigger in with the toothpick worked fine.. just trying to find a picture where the other parts go..

Thanks all..

Finally got it all back together.. once it's together, it seems really trivial.

The Brownells picture and coupled with the Rimfire picture was enough. It would have really helped to have a birds eye view of the assembled mechanism to show the relationships.

Dave, next time don't take it apart....spray with brake cleaner, blow dry, hit with a little oil & replace the whole thing back in the gun and you're good to go for 10,000 rounds...

Yours is an older one if I remeber it right, those buggers run really good with just a little lube...

michaels