Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Coolest Christmas Wish I've Gotten So Far

ima45dv8

Yesterday one of my colleagues in Jerusalem called regarding an issue in Haifa, Israel. As we concluded our call he wished me a "Very Merry Christmas." I was taken aback and asked if he was a Christian living in the Holy Land.

"No", he replied. "I just wanted to wish you a good holiday in your own world. I'm not threathened by those who believe in a manner different than my own."

How cool is that?! :wub:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Apologies to the Mod staff if this breaches the Forum Guideline regarding Politics and Religion. Close if you must.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Apologies to the Mod staff if this breaches the Forum Guideline regarding Politics and Religion. Close if you must.

That is certainly uber cool...

BTW, Just checked the pocket sized rules reference book that BE sends out as an Xmas gift to all the mods each year. No up-date regarding 'Merry Christmas from Israel' this year so I think we're good! :D

Yesterday one of my colleagues in Jerusalem called regarding an issue in Haifa, Israel. As we concluded our call he wished me a "Very Merry Christmas." I was taken aback and asked if he was a Christian living in the Holy Land.

"No", he replied. "I just wanted to wish you a good holiday in your own world. I'm not threathened by those who believe in a manner different than my own."

My guess, and my hope, is that there are far more people like your colleague than most think.

The SP (Secular Progressive) Movement got a nasty black eye last year.

I actually walked out of a Ruby Tuesday restaurant when the Hostess said Happy Holidays, I asked why not Merry Christmas an she said that she couldn't say that, so I said, I can't spend my money on your establishment!!

85% of Americans celebrate Christmas, what's the Problem with saying it??

Feliz Navidad, there you go, I said it!!

Y

How cool is that?!

And there is the perfect example of the difference between respectful tolerance and political correctness. I suspect everyone posting (and reading) knows which one it illustrates, and you aren't the only one who likes it.

It's very cool.

Tell your colleague that lots of other folks appreciate his well wishing.