Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 IRC On Shooting Gallery

TMC

Good show, interviews with Randy Lee, Lisa Farrel, John Bagakis, Vic Picket, Alan Samuel and of course Jerry.

If you look close while they are interviewing Jerry, you can see Dan Carden and myself walking the stage in the background, my 15 mili-seconds of fame :P

Almost forgot, great RO'ing of Vic by Mikey

Edited by TMC

Good show, interviews with Randy Lee, Lisa Farrel, John Bagakis, Vic Picket, Alan Samuel and of course Jerry.

If you look close while they are interviewing Jerry, you can see Dan Carden and myself walking the stage in the background, my 15 mili-seconds of fame :P

Todd's a camera whore

Section 1 rule 10 specifies the penalty for sweeping

10. Unsafe gun handling by a competitor during a match may result in disqualification from that match. Unsafe gun handling may include but is not limited to accidental discharges, sweeping, shooting over confining berms, and any other actions deemed unsafe by the match staff

So the RO must not have been 100% positive on that.

Vince

We don't get cable out here, but a friend of mine taped this show for me. Just watching the video made me excited about shooting the IRC for the first time this summer, and now I've got my plane tickets booked!

I have only shot one ICORE match ever (Bud Bond's Rocky Mountain Regional in 2005), so it should be interesting! I'm going to need to focus on hitting those targets in the middle....

Counseler get Direct TV, it's on the Outdoor Channel 606. Then learn to use the VCR, or let Sam do it. There's a whole world out there.

For actual Match Info the Shooting USA show was better. Had some of TGO & Nils (same size as TGO, looks like). But then Mike had a good segment on the Left Handers Reload.

Will have to watch again, never noticed Danbagger.

I still haven't seen the Shooting Gallery episode yet. I wasn't going to be home for the Shooting USA episode and wrote Jim Scouten, he sent me a dvd of that episode! My son Alden ended up being interviewed on both shows... Quite interesting when the big guys holding video cameras were chasing him through 2 of his stages :-) . I even managed to get my mug on screen for a few seconds, and they filmed a bit of me screwing the pooch on the Hummer stage.

Dave

Are the shows posted anywhere on the web- at least the shooting segments?

What stages did they show Rob and Nils shooting?

Nils wasn't anywhere to be seen. They showed Rob, Randy, and Lisa shooting stage 10 (I think) where you started in the car. They had John on "Step on It" can't remember the stage number and Vic shooting the classifier stage.

Saw the show also. Thought about posting and here it already was.

Noticed that Dan at least got mentioned, that Randy Lee's name was misspelled, and that the host got the name of ICORE wrong at the end, by calling it the Int'l Congress....

But otherwise it was pretty good coverage. Good interview with John and Randy.

The left handed reloading demonstration was pretty good. That might bear some testing even for right handed shooters, just in case.

More of TGO & several of Nils were on the "Shooting USA" show, about a month ago. Watch for it on the re-runs, it's worth a look.

Bane concentrates on the usual suspects at the IRC, while Scouten seems to like to hang with the IPSC big boys. Both have interesting info, glad they're not the same too.

Bane must have been too distracted by the Sea Gulls he kept talking about. But it's not easy being in front of the camera. Kind of like Running, Shooting and "Thinking" while going thru a course. Most of us just can't do all 3 well.

Guess as long as there's gunfire and a COF, I'll watch it. Even better if it's a DA Revolver being put thru it's paces.

Edited by pskys2

The shoot offs were the best part, poor Jerry is standing there waiting for TMC to come up to the line to shoot, and TMC says in a voice just loud enough for Jerry to hear, "who's up next after Jerry?"....

Now that's trying to get into somebodys head before the buzzer...

And what's all this talk about Cliff at the bar? He had maybe 4 Coors Light at dinner and one or two after at the table. Once we woke him up he was fine...

mikey

Michael,

I think your putting a great product out there. Thanks for doing it. :D

I have your show programmed to automatically come on every week.

Tell the networks to run it more often. They give a lot of air time to hunting shows, and the shooters spend all their time hunting for the shooting shows.

Really enjoyed the one on the SIG academy instructor. I noticed on the IRC show that you own a Randy gun yourself. Good to have a Revo shooter out there in the media.

Michael,

I think your putting a great product out there. Thanks for doing it. :D

I have your show programmed to automatically come on every week.

Tell the networks to run it more often. They give a lot of air time to hunting shows, and the shooters spend all their time hunting for the shooting shows.

Really enjoyed the one on the SIG academy instructor. I noticed on the IRC show that you own a Randy gun yourself. Good to have a Revo shooter out there in the media.

+1

I have all the shooting shows programmed in my DVR and they are the only shows that I don't zip through the commercials.

*thread drift*

Michael, do you have any interest in covering the 2007 DPMS Tri-Gun challenge?