Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springs Are The Creation Of The Devil

ap3

I was writing a post about a malfunctioning spring in a Dillon 650 after reading a posting about a bad buffer spring in an AR or maybe it was a bad mag spring. and I came to a great understanding.

The thing that burns people out in shooting, makes them mad at matches,creates bad relaoding and general malice with our shooting sports is springs!!!!! They are of the devil.

How many times has a recoil spring always gone bad in a match. When do your mag springs not work..yes in a match. We shock buff em,mix and match em and even try and oil them, but still they toy with us.

My Browning Golds spring always fail me when I need that shotgun stage for a better match score, no never on the practice range.

But springs terrorize us not just on the range, but in our reloader.While we are quietly in the basement with it raining outside our plan to load a couple of thousand rounds is sabotaged by a bunch of coiled wire underneath the shellplate.

If the devils goal is to create twisted souls the the spring is his icon.

Edited by ap3

Strike back! When I was younger my Slinky was a real jerk to me... until I turned him into 1000 paper clips.

....Stupid Slinkies...think they're so damn special just 'cuz they can walk down stairs... <_<

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Speaking of springs...... look at how much misery there is in the world because the people who make 1911's can't understand the extractor was supposed to be made out of "spring steel". I'll admit, that's a vague term..... but it does conjur up an image of steel that has some spring to it.

Instead, we get cast parts that are brittle.... or MIM parts that are hardened.... and we all scratch our heads when they lose tension after 1000 rounds because bend in the steel "took a set" and doesn't have any spring tension?

Oh, well.....