Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No More Revolvers...

Ron Ankeny

I sold my last revolver yesterday, a 6 1/2 inch Smith 25-2 in .45 ACP/Auto Rim with a factory fitted .45 LC cylinder tossed in for good measure. I have been hanging onto the gun for a couple of years hoping my arthritis would subside enough to let me shoot a bit in revolver division, but things are just getting worse. Growing older sux azz, but then again, the alternative is really bad. :(:lol:

Recent Labratory tests have shown that a steady regimen of Jim Beam can play a significant role in the pain reduction of arthritis patients.

just something to consider

I believe that I took part in that study!

With the advances in treating degenerative conditions, Ron you should be good as new in a few years. Best wishes!

:) say Ron We are only one year apart in age, ...And I have ben able to heal up most of my shoulder and get alot of my arm use back after laying off Shotgun for two years. I still shoot it some but my hand gun control is coming back.

You may be able to (fix) your self, ? even my back is getting good. I just changed my outlook on ..Pain.

JF

I just changed my outlook on ..Pain.

Pain... You mean like tendonitis, sciatica, arthritis, chronic pain in surgically altered joints, and a little neuropathy tossed in for good measure? :lol: Pain is for wussies. The problem is the loss of range of motion and strength in my index finger required to shoot double action. I am getting trigger finger in my trigger finger. :o

As for open division, I had Matt McClearn build a really soft shooting blaster about a year ago set up secifically to take it easy on my joints. It's kind of a boat anchor in comparison to some of the stuff out there, and it's not as flat as some, but it sure is fun to shoot and that's what counts. ;) As long as I can find someone to help me load the mags I am good to go. :D

I sold my last revolver yesterday, a 6 1/2 inch Smith 25-2 in .45 ACP/Auto Rim with a factory fitted .45 LC cylinder tossed in for good measure. I have been hanging onto the gun for a couple of years hoping my arthritis would subside enough to let me shoot a bit in revolver division, but things are just getting worse. Growing older sux azz, but then again, the alternative is really bad. :(:lol:

Sorry to hear it. I have arthritis in just about every place in my body.... not to mention a deformity called Dupatryn's syndrome that has turned my right hand into a claw..... I recommend you dose out on Glucosamine and Chondroitin to the maximum.

But I still have all my guns. I suspect my wife will bury me with my guns...... I just hope she waits until I'm actually dead..... :o

Edited by bountyhunter