Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got Dqed:(

sandman_sy

After 8 hours of driving, i arrived at our nationals. was in a tight sked. so i shot all the stages in one day. 14 stages. (Probably a big mistake.. not ever doing that again). Got DQed on my LAST STAGE!!! :angry: The ground was a bit sandy, and after a lot shooter. the area where most people step on, got a bit deep. Didn't notice that and was thrown out balanced by the depth. plus my knees were a bit weak already:( AAArrrggghhh... on the lighter side. at least i experienced all of the stages.

But i hate the idea i got DQed(My 2nd time, same reason). When i reviewed my "low quality" video, i found out that i sorta didnt break the 180 rule. Is it just me or is my eyes playing things on me. I did a slow motion on my XDAii, and followed the muzzle. probably around 160-170, but not 180. :o

But i accpet the ruling of the R.O., the guys are my friends, and i'm sure they made they're decision based on the best of their capabilities. No hard feelings. Had a blast shooting those stages.... sigh.... wish i could just see how i did. :(

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8027107173303555621

Edited by sandman_sy

That would a real tough call to make from the video. Big kudos to you though for not appealling the RO's call. Personal responsibility goes a long way.

Sorry to hear about the DQ, hopefully you can still see your match scores on the other stages.

Dont feel bad,, at least you got to shoot the match. I drove 8 hours with a friend, spent the night in a hotel and got DQ'd on a VERY questionable call on my FIRST mag change one the first stage a couple years ago in PA. Shlepped along the rest of the day since the buddy was still shooting and doing well. I could have cared less if it had been the last stage!

"Had a blast shooting those stages.... sigh.... wish i could just see how i did. :("

If you kept your copy of the score sheets you could determine your hit factor on 11 of the stages and compare to the posted scores........At least you could determine where you "would" have finished....

Edited by DrawandDuck

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but long ago I had a friend travel from USA to Australia for the World Shoot. A good, solid Master level shooter.

He had an AD on the draw of his very first stage.

Now that had to suck, in an expensive sorta way.

First thing they do is take all your score sheets.....

Why is this? Is there a reasoning behind taking a shooters copy of the scoresheets?

Typically the match administration confiscates the shooters score sheet labels, to ensure that stats properly records the DQ, and to ensure that the shooter can't show up to shoot the next stage. (And yes, I've seen one shooter at a match who didn't comprehend that he'd been DQ'd --- he showed up on the next stage, where I was ROing. I was about ready to load him, when the RM happened by.....)

First thing they do is take all your score sheets.....

Why is this? Is there a reasoning behind taking a shooters copy of the scoresheets?

Typically the match administration confiscates the shooters score sheet labels, to ensure that stats properly records the DQ, and to ensure that the shooter can't show up to shoot the next stage. (And yes, I've seen one shooter at a match who didn't comprehend that he'd been DQ'd --- he showed up on the next stage, where I was ROing. I was about ready to load him, when the RM happened by.....)

I could understand taking the un-used score sheets or labels, but not the copies of the ones the shooter had already shot. Seems like they would let you keep your copies. If it is to make sure the DQ'ed shooter didn't go to stats and say that their sheets were lost and to use their (shooter) copy to enter the scores, the RM / MD could always stamp or write "VOID" on the copies. I guess it would be up to each individual RM / MD to choose to do this.

What happened to me was they confiscated my shooters card. its the card where all R.O. look for when you enter the stage. they get the shooter's info on this card. But i still got the duplicates. Yeah!!! :lol: I can just do a bit of math and i'll probably have an good idea how well i would have did. :D I guess all is not lost yet. ;) Thanx DrawandDuck!

Nik's correct....they take the labels...somehow I recall them taking the sheets too, but I guess not.

The year I dq'd; first day, first stage, first SHOOTER was a (very skilled) GM...started facing uprange and pulled his weapon before turning. Just got too pumped...it's easy to do.

From the video, it seems that you kept the muzzle pointed downrange, but while keeping your balance, your entire arm went backwards. I don't think it was a muzzle pointing problem, but you moved the 180 backwards until it included your body.

Just my take on a grainy video, but I think the DQ was righteous. Sorry it happened.

H.