Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bennelli M2 Concerns

hockeydadnu27

I went to Ft. Benning match with a new M2. The gun worked great except for 2 stages the bolt locked backed with a shell on the carrier and shells still in the tube. I just hit the release button and kept on going. I put this Open gun together and had the bolt lighten with no other modifications. I was using Winchester AA heavy 9 shot shells. Do I need to change my recoil spring?? New gun trying to work the bugs out and get ready for next season. I jumped ship from a JP 1100, wow!!!! I love the way this M2 handles. My old 1100 feels like a slug hammer compared to M2.

Thanks for your help

Edited by hockeydadnu27

Louie,

When I first got my M2 and put the SRM extension on it, I put a slightly shorter mag spring in it. I had the bolt lock back 2 or 3 times with the first 5 boxes of ammo. Oddly, the only time it did it, was with heavy loads. Once with some old Super X long range ammo, and once or twice with slugs. I put the supplied mag spring in, and it's been fine since. (knock on wood) Is your mag spring shortened at all?

My bolt is not modified, I may not bother since it functions fine with target loads.

I have had that happen a couple of times with my M2. Including stage 5 at Ft Benning. In all instances it has happened to me on the last shot before topping up the mag tube. Never in the middle of just shooting. I think in my case anyway that I am already realeasing a bit on the forearm in prep for grabbing shells and the gun does not have the support needed at that moment for the inertia system to fully function. Keep that in mind when you are shooting and see if it doesnt happen to coincide with reloads also.

Louie,

Just keep the one in there that is jamming it will be ok....trust me!

I went to the range yesterday with my new tube spring and shot over 200 rounds and the Luigi Benelli ran like a new Italian sports car. After 4 years with my JP 1100 I feel like I have been married to the wrong girl all these years. Thank you all for your help on this thread. Sorry Chris no more jams, Love my Benelli.