Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 Future?

indyshooter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the BOD goals is to have someone win at the national level using a traditional looking SS govt. model. They want it for marketing purposes and attracting sponsers. It would help the cause if contingency money was available for winning L10 with a SS.

EDIT: I said BOD based on a posting from Bgary. I assumed (yes, I know) that other BOD had similar marketing desires when thinking about divisions.

Edited by 1911user

One of the BOD goals is to have someone win at the national level using a traditional looking SS govt. model. They want it for marketing purposes and attracting sponsers.

Interesting. I'm a participant in most (if not all) the BOD conversations, and I've never heard that discussed.

Learn something new every day!

Bruce

One of the BOD goals is to have someone win at the national level using a traditional looking SS govt. model. They want it for marketing purposes and attracting sponsers. It would help the cause if contingency money was available for winning L10 with a SS.

Already been done. Rob Leatham at the 1994 or 1995 Limited Nationals. Jack Barnes shooting a single stack as well finished 3rd. Both Team Springfield. The entire team shot SS guns that year against Paras, STI's and CMC Gunracer's and won.

Rich

One of the BOD goals is to have someone win at the national level using a traditional looking SS govt. model. They want it for marketing purposes and attracting sponsers.

Interesting. I'm a participant in most (if not all) the BOD conversations, and I've never heard that discussed.

Learn something new every day!

Bruce

You pointed out that the production and SS 1911 type pistols are in wide circulation and selling well so USPSA should market to those shooters and manufacturers. It made great sense to me. I thought an idea to keep L10 would be a sponser's incentive for some of the best shooters to show that a SS 1911 could win L10. I'm not sure who would provide the contingency money, but I'm for it if it will help save L10 for the future. I see it as a valuable division for someone, like myself, who won't spend $2K-$3K on a custom S_I setup for limited or open.

USMCBigDog: that was a decade ago and it isn't happening currently which helps to keep the idea/myth alive that you must have a widebody pistol to do well in L10.

Edited by 1911user

Jim,

What catagory/Division can I shoot my SS 38 sup open gun ??

If it's an "open" gun, you shoot it in open. (Good luck with that SS thing).

If its a SS 1911 in 38 super you shoot it in SS minor or L10 minor.

Glad I could help. :rolleyes:

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Hank,

I like your post but disagree with you that SSD should stay and that L10 should go. Any gun that works for SSD can shoot L10, but not every gun that shoots L10 can shoot SSD. I also think the argument that a new shooter with a 1911 won't comb back because he might need to buy a few 10 round magazines is incorrect. If $125 in magazines (5 10 rounders) is a deal breaker than the sport just isn't for you. Most of us spend more than that to shoot an Area match (entry fee, ammo, gas, food).

I have noticed that most new shooters at our club shoot production or limited 10 because they are the two 'non-race' divisions that a majority of guns fit into. We have only had a handful of shooters ever shoot SSD at our matches. The guys with 1911 patten guns tend to shoot L10.

Eric

Ammo costs alone will likely exceed $125 per MONTH, if you like this sport.

Nickle and dime arguments don't work for USPSA/IPSC.

Jim,

What catagory/Division can I shoot my SS 38 sup open gun ??

Open?

Eric,

Gene knows the answer, he's just stirring the pot a bit. ;)

What problem, specifically, is L-10 creating?

I see several cases where L-10 is SOLVING problems, I do not see what problems it is creating.

Anyone?

The Limited guys want more people shooting limited so they can look better.......

That's the ONLY reason I can see that would make any sense.

If you're asking to determine if I actually shoot L-10, then yes, I obviously do. And yes, I'm a GM in L-10

It's a viable division for many reasons. If it is to die, let it die on its own.

Again, what problems is it creating, specifically?