Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reamer For 40 Caliber Freebore

Harmon

what reamer do you use to freebore a 40 caliber barrel to allow the rounds to be seated out longer than SAAMI spec? all ive seen is chambering reamers...what brownells part number?

Looking to build a Limited gun myself with a Kart barrel and would like any tips/tricks concerning freeboring the barrel.

harmon

what reamer do you use to freebore a 40 caliber barrel to allow the rounds to be seated out longer than SAAMI spec? all ive seen is chambering reamers...what brownells part number?

harmon

Brownells seems to skip right over 40 in throaters. A quick check of Manson,Clymer,

and Pacific doesn't show one listed as a standard item, although any of them would probably be happy to grind one to your specs.

http://www.4-dproducts.com/index.php does list a 40/10mm throater as a rental, so

someone out there is grinding them.

Looking to build a Limited gun myself with a Kart barrel and would like any tips/tricks concerning freeboring the barrel.

harmon

I just use a JGS 10MM reamer, run in the proper depth. No problem with longer OAL.

• 4 weeks later...

Harmon, put an order in with your next Brownells order, they will ship it to you in a couple weeks. Ask for Judy when you call, she is the special order sales person. The nice thing about ordering with a regular order is you only pay shipping one time for each order, so you save $10 over ordering direct.

Most throating reamers are $35 at Brownells too, and most are made by Manson. The .355 and .40 that I bought were $35 each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...