Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Beautiful Sight On Earth

I have a question and thought I would take it to the collectively most knowledgable group of people I'm aware of. They weren't available so I'm posting it here. ;)

What is the most beautiful natural sight you have ever beheld?

I'm talking about some natural seen. Could be simply topographical - Grand Canyon, the Himalayas, Sahara desert, etc. Or could include animal life - waterbuffalo on the serengeti (are there waterbuffalo on the serengeti?), etc. NOT included would be your son / daughter on the day of their birth, your wife / husband on your wedding day, etc. We know these were beautiful sights, but this is not what I'm looking for.

What do you think?

This is such a beautiful planet I can not pick one scene and say it is better than so many others. :)

The question did give me pause to remember several special places however. There was the full moon rising over the Atlantic ocean, the first time I saw the Rockies when driving from Boulder to Estes Park and the river of lava flowing from the mountain down into the Pacific and being tossed in the waves just after sunset on the Big Island. Hawaii gets two votes because that just reminded me of the Green Flash I was fortunate enough to see on that trip as well.

My ex on a waterbuffalo in the Serenget would be a beautiful sight too! :lol:

I don't know if these qualify for "most beautiful on earth" but how about most beautiful I've seen in my travels.

The valley around the New River Gorge Brigde in southern WV:

http://images.google.com/images?q=new+rive...es&ct=title

Others would definitely be the Rockies around Denver, CO and SLC/Park City, UT. Sunrise over the ocean at Ocean City, MD and sunset at San Diego, CA.

post-5436-1163432069.jpg

Driving through North Georgia in the fall during the "Peak Color" period. The large-scale vista of the trees in full color is stunning.

Western Oklahoma for the twice-a-day spectacle God provides at sun up and sunset.

Coyote hunting. You usually only see them in full retreat since they're shy. But calling them up affords a chance to see them moving towards you, on the hunt (of course, at that moment, it's you they're hunting ;) ).

While I haven't traveled the entire planet, my last trip to England included a wonderful car trip through the Peak District. Here's a short video that shows a bit of it <<clickity>>.

Being man-made, I don't know if this fully fits your criteria, but the view from the top of the Eiffel Tower totally blew me away. Much of Paris did, in fact. Then there is Jardin des Tuileries (Tuileries Garden). It's like a cool, inviting oasis in the middle of a buzzing beehive of city life and activity.

The view from the top of Pike's Peak. Breathtaking.

I think they are all dependent on the individuals perception and what has/is going on in their lives. Having grown up in the mountains, my most beautiful natural sight is the sun rising on the south Georgia coast in December while I'm watching it from my boat wearing a tshirt and shorts. I have a pic somewhere if I can find it.

I think they are all dependent on the individuals perception and what has/is going on in their lives. Having grown up in the mountains, my most beautiful natural sight is the sun rising on the south Georgia coast in December while I'm watching it from my boat wearing a tshirt and shorts. I have a pic somewhere if I can find it.

Yes, exactly! Thus the request on a forum like this with such an eclectic membership!

Looking forward to the pic . . .

I once saw the sun rise over Mt. Adams from about 5000 feet. It looked like the world caught fire. Absolutely breathtaking......

Just got in from riding. This was taken from horseback about half and hour ago. The property owner has gone to great lengths to reintroduce the native grasses seen in the forground.

post-2337-1163446760.jpg

The rolling hills are beautiful. Kinda makes me a little home sick for KY.

Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River, you can hear it from 40 miles away...makes Niagra look kind of small.....Mt Kilamanjaro...

The Swiss Alps, the Amazon River delta from space, buzzing a pod of whales on the Cook Inlet in a DeHaviland Otter.

Just a bunch of good things, hard to limit it to one.. :P

I think we all have a few things places we hold dear. There is more to them then just physical beauty, they also do something for our soul as we associate them with something we care about. For me it is the mountains around the village I spent a lot of my youth in. My grandparents had a house there, and I spent a lot of my vacations with them. I don't even have a good picture of place, but they mean a lot to me.

I found a picture of them, but not the angle I would have chosen:

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/b1b48/

I agree with the Grand Canyon

post-4205-1163454357.jpg

But Thailand is also breath taking.

in the south...

post-4205-1163454241.jpg

in the north...

post-4205-1163454305.jpg

And shamelessly posting pictures of the greatest sight on earth to me at those places.

Edited by racerba