Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accessories For Carrying Things During Stage

Intel6

I looked in the book and searched but couldn't find anyting on this, hopefully this isn't a stupid ?

In a COF where you are required to carry an object is it legal to use a piece of equipment on that stage only to help carry it?

No, I am not talking cement squirrel's and backpacks. :rolleyes:

For example; you start off the stage with a softball and you have to drop it in a bucket later on in the stage. You don't have to carry it in one hand, the stage description talks about it being secured on your person so it is expected that you will put it in a pocket.

Normally I would stuff it in the cargo pocket of my shooting pants and drive on. Then I started thinking. :huh: I was wondering about using something along the lines of a dump pouch to carry it while you were shooting the course and to make it easier and quicker to retrieve it when you need to.

So any prohibition to using a piece of equipment just for one stage and then taking it back off?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Neal in AZ

From what I understand..

you cannot add a piece of equipment on to your belt for a stage, it needs to be there for the entire match..I think this is what came up for the revolver shooters at Nationals this year..on a stage where all the ammo had to come from one spot in a field course..

You need to shoot a match in Douglas when they have the “nuclear detonator”. It is a 2 foot piece railroad track with a handle welded on it. The only good accessories for that is a truss and tetanus shot.

Thanks for the responses. So it seems that if you wanted to use something then it would have to remain as part of your equipment for the whole match. Again, thanks for the answers.

BSeevers, I used a shovel once just so everyone would have to carry it. :D

Mark, even though I am also in SV I don't get to Douglas much. I would rather go up to Tucson and shoot a USPSA match.

Neal in AZ

I saw Henning make a magnet pouch for a specific stage at texas state limited where you had to grab your gun off a table and reload it and all the mags where on that table, but you could put your extra mags in your mag pouches after the start. He could simply load his gun and then just slap an extra mag onto the magnet. Kind of ingenius. But he did not have to use it but it seemed like it would have made his stage time a little faster if the course was setup where he could use it. But he had it made and was prepared just in case the stage offered that edge to him.