Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stag Or Armalite

Mike Dame

I have a 16 inch barrel Armalite, have shot it regularly for past 4 years, in 3 gun matches, and just plinking and I've had zero problems with it what so ever. did have a couple of mag problems with some cheaper mags, when I first got it, and didn't know better, but that's long past. it's a tack driver for sure.

I think both are equal in quality. I own both. However the armalite offers the mid length gas system which I think is a good advantage. So I would buy the armalite, or build a mid-length from stag parts.

I've had good luck with both. however, the Armalite is going to have a screw-clamp front sight housing, and the Stag will have the correct M4 tapered pin front sight housing.

I just spent a week thrashing a Stag through a contractors course, close to 4,000 rounds. Worked like a champ.

I'm picking up a couple of Stag lowers. While their support to USPSA/IMGA is not on par with DPMS et. al., they have been very pro-active in sending in lowers to California. Nothing like giving DOJ a big middle finger.

I'll probably run one of these as a dedicated 22 rifle and the other will probably be holding my new rifle from Benny.

Rich

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna go with Sabre Defense. If you know how hard it is to obtain ISO 9000 quality standards rating......that says alot. What other AR mfg can claim that? Not to mention how much interest they show in the sport with their sponsorships. I've got one of their midlength 16" chrome line 1/7 twist barrels mounted to an A1 upper. 1 in 7 twist is something that can't be had from Armalite nor Stag. It easily holds 2" at 100 yards iron sighted with GA Arms 55 gr FMJ. Look at pkfirearms.com and talonarms.com for excellent pricing on their stuff.

Edited by 00bullitt

I'm gonna go with Sabre Defense. If you know how hard it is to obtain ISO 9000 quality standards rating......that says alot. What other AR mfg can claim that? Not to mention how much interest they show in the sport with their sponsorships. I've got one of their midlength 16" chrome line 1/7 twist barrels mounted to an A1 upper. 1 in 7 twist is something that can't be had from Armalite nor Stag. It easily holds 2" at 100 yards iron sighted with GA Arms 55 gr FMJ. Look at pkfirearms.com and talonarms.com for excellent pricing on their stuff.

I 'm real impressed with My SABRE 1:7 middy.

• 4 weeks later...