Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don't really know which version of the Vette it was but it stated the porsche had 650hp.......I was surprised it did not pull away FASTER.....I believe the new Z06 would probably give it a run for its money even at only 500hp....the vette seemed to close the gap in the corners but lost it to the raw hp in the straights......LISTEN TO THE SOUND OF THE VETTE THOUGH....bet the inline 6 of the porsche cant match that!!!

The porsche really had the HP!! BUT,

It looked like the guy in the Vette was out for a Sunday drive!!! If he would get up on the wheel and DRIVE!! He would pass the porsche. Watch the steering wheel and listen to the front tires slide :lol: !! This car looks big time TIGHT ( under steer )

Don't really know which version of the Vette it was but it stated the porsche had 650hp.......I was surprised it did not pull away FASTER.....I believe the new Z06 would probably give it a run for its money even at only 500hp....the vette seemed to close the gap in the corners but lost it to the raw hp in the straights......LISTEN TO THE SOUND OF THE VETTE THOUGH....bet the inline 6 of the porsche cant match that!!!

That Porsche is a horizontally opposed six cylinder.

It didn't look like an F car either! :lol:

FM

Wow, those Mustangs were pretty impressive :lol:

Bwahaha...I started watching this vid and my husband came running in at warp 9 (he recognized the sound of the vette engine) and the first words out of his mouth were, "Ha, silly mousetangs."

Neither one looks like they are "really in it". The Vet guy is sawing the wheel and watching the Porch, it likes to "noze hop" through the turns, indicating braking by a somewhat hesitant driver. Both are WAY early slowing for the turns, and use way too much track when it gets tight. Looks like SCCA hot laping to me and notice the Vet driver doesn't have a fire suit or gloves when he does the good old hand gesture twards the fast disapearing Porsch. There is NOTHING wrong with that!! Looks WAY fun and god bless em for "runnen em", but to compair them based on this video...we can't

Neither one looks like they are "really in it". The Vet guy is sawing the wheel and watching the Porch, it likes to "noze hop" through the turns, indicating braking by a somewhat hesitant driver. Both are WAY early slowing for the turns, and use way too much track when it gets tight. Looks like SCCA hot laping to me and notice the Vet driver doesn't have a fire suit or gloves when he does the good old hand gesture twards the fast disapearing Porsch. There is NOTHING wrong with that!! Looks WAY fun and god bless em for "runnen em", but to compair them based on this video...we can't

My thoughts exactly.

They aren't racing and they don't look like they're really training.

Apples andOranges.

FM

Chevy no contest... posrche is too small for us that are over 6 ft. It's an awesome motor though ..... for a skate board :)

Actually I found the little boxster to be one of the most comfortable two seaters for me, most were not even an option. Vette is an awesome car, but I can sit more comfortable in the boxster. Mine is stock at 230hp, not a tire burner, but sure made some unhappy Vette owners at the local autocross.

Sherwyn

6'4" and no I can't weigh on a 250 pound scale

Apples and Oranges.

No way...Porsches and Chevys, mine is an upgraded 3200Carrera, sure she's just six cilinders horizontally opposed, but My Lady is leightweight :rolleyes: just added :wub:

The Carrera's are not that much lighter bout 104lbs for manual and 15lbs for the tiptronic model...Were not that FAT!! :P The CARS that is!!

Edited by DrawandDuck