Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carrying A Flashlight On Commercial Aircraft

Does anyone regularly travel by air who carries a Surefire E2D or similar? Any issues with TSA? Has anyone traveled recently overseas with one?

Any input is appreciated.

edited to changed E2C to E2D

Edited by BigDave

Does anyone regularly travel by air who carries a Surefire E2C or similar? Any issues with TSA? Has anyone traveled recently overseas with one?

Any input is appreciated.

I had one in my carry on to and from the Limited nats. and no one said anything

:P I carry a surefire in my purse and have traveled a lot with it. Usually the tsa pull the purse and run it through the scanner 3 or 4 times before asking if they can go thru my purse. I tell them they are seeing a flashlight and the last 'bright' guy actually pulled out the flashlight and used it to look thru my purse to see what they saw on the scanner. No real issues but now I leave it in my purse as a matter of principle.

Never had any problem domestic or international and I usually have more than one on me. One in the jacket, one in the bug out bag and spares in checked luggage. I have had much more trouble with unexposed film, Southwest Airlines peanuts and the delays caused by my traveling companion, who apparently fits the profile of an international terrorist.

David C