Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally Set Up

Merlin Orr

Oh oh. I am having flashbacks of Florida and St. Bernard Parish. I years worth of hurricane duty has scarred me.

If you knew how much money goes into those travel trailers (and the contractors tasked with installing them), you would lose your mind. I just about did. That is why I threw my hands up and left St. Bernard Parish last year. A friend who worked for FEMA (he quit in May after 10 years) told me that FEMA paid $120K per unit (site prep, installation, etc.) for a mobile home site in New Orleans. That's right, $120K for each single wide mobile home in the group site (58 units total). Remember that these are temporary housing and are required by statute to be removed in 18 months.

I thought Florida was bad, but it is really out of hand in La. Haliburton deal in Iraq is nothing compared to the deal the contractors have down there.

99518957-M.jpg

Ah, a Silver Cloud III. My favorite "Roller". Was a time in the mid-eighties when that car would have sold for $15K or so, or about what the travel trailer probably sells new for now. I have no idea what the market price is for a SCIII is currently... (last year for production, 1966)

Ed