Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Gun Pictures

Tzygä

GTOShooter

Glad one of us likes the lightening cuts in your link...Most of those are the ugliest things I have seen in a while..:-( Maybe they are better looking in person..

sorry

Tloop

I like them alot!!!!!! Interesting what he does to the rear leaf of the Bomar!

GTOShooter

Glad one of us likes the lightening cuts in your link...Most of those are the ugliest things I have seen in a while..:-( Maybe they are better looking in person..

sorry

Tloop

HEHE...then you won't like mine very much!!! This is my open major 9 and my steel plate gun. It's nice having a 9oz. slide with no holes! If functions as low as a 130PF and runs great with WIN white box 115's.

Open Gun.jpg

I don't have one from here, but I love the lightening from Gan's:

http://www.gansguns.com/lightening.html

Has anyone tried the "Rabbit Ear" rear sight as shown on that homepage?

Does it really do any good?

Yeah, that's all I've used for the last 6 years. It's fast on close targets, and lets you see a lot more around your sight for accuracy. Instead of a solid wall sight picture, you can actually see brown on the outside of the rear blade to about 25 yds. For me it makes a more confident sight picture on tight shots.

It's similar to cutting the blade on a 45* angle like TJ does. It just let's you see more. The only downside I can think of is that it does take some getting use to if you have shot a full Bomar type sight for a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not mine, but similar. Throw on a flat gunsmith trigger and Warren fixed rear sight, make it 9mm...and that's it! Then again, I'm not really a steel shooter. I've only shot 4 of 'em.

Hell, I just took the picture from the STI website.

Phil, KISS, Strader

post-786-1167440373.jpg

Edited by gmshtr