Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm a REAL shooter now!

Shooter Grrl

Hey y'all,

I shot my first GSSF match yesterday and did NOT make a complete fool out of myself :-)

I'm an Open gun shooter so I was really surprised that I was able to handle the gun and get my hits, not only with an iron sighted gun, but with a "regular" trigger and a gun that I had to borrow and hadn't fired before.

Considering all that, I've decided that I am a REAL shooter now :-)

Congrats SG!

I too am a REAL shooter... unfortunately not a REAL GOOD shooter, yet.  I will shoot my first official IDPA (new member) match this weekend.  Hopefully I will have something good for your forum!

So... how was the first day on the job? :)

DH = Dear/Darling/Dumb Husband - depending on my mood!

The trigger was definitely DIFFERENT!  I was about 95% done with the match when somebody mentioned that you didn't have to let it all the way out like a 1911 - d'oh!!!!!

Thanks!

Hey Phil - aren't you supposed to be HERE by now????  Still no flights....

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 1:42 pm on Sep. 17, 2001)

• 3 weeks later...

Kellyn you hit the nail on the head buddy, ever been to a match?

no offense to anyone who does shoot GSSF, but i have found the COF's boringly easy, the people to dislike anyone that isn't a glocker, Glock is like the harley of motorcycles, everybody that has one thinks they are your brother, and i'll be damned if i don't scream when the next person starts questioning me about GSSF when i wear that stupid had!

• 1 month later...

I shot the one in Shelton a few months ago, not impressed.  

My impression:

Seemed like a bunch of old guys put down the deer rifle and came outt'a the hills with their "Hi-Tech Cop Guns".  

The pace was soooo slow people were looking for places to nap!  

I wizz-banged through IPSC style and did terrible.  I didn't realize the scoring system would take sooooo many points off for not hitting the "A"' zone.  Geez, I hit the man sized target in the kidney and liver with a 10mm.  Why the penalty?

I'll take some running'n gunning over that slow-paced stuff everytime.

VIVA LA USPSA!

With their new scoring system, you've got to think of GSSF like it's the Bianchi Cup. You gotta win with a perfect score. OK, well, near-perfect. It's an accuracy game now, not a speed game. (I won an Amateur Civilian overall in the last year of hit factor type scoring, then tanked Stockmesiter and Unlimited the next year with time-penalty scoring.)

• 9 months later...