Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limnats Stages

wide45

I'll be the first to say that I don't like the raised platform. But that's only cause I fell off :ph34r:

It was a good stage in my opinion. If we remove all physical ability from the shooting, what do we get? The steel challege. It's all well and good, but that's not "practical".

I was concerned with the traction, but it wasn't an issue when I ran it in cleats. I think if they had nailed roofing shingles to the plank, it would have been better. I'd have been afraid to run on it in the rain, and I didn't bring an extra pair of regular shoes to change into.

I think Jason is thinking it wasn't activated-- it was activated, just not shot at, right?
9.9.2 Moving targets, which do not comply with the above criteria, will not incur failure to shoot at or miss

penalties except where Rule 9.9.3 applies.

9.9.3 Moving targets will always incur failure to shoot at and miss penalties if a competitor fails to activate the

mechanism, which initiates the target movement.

Ok so sometimes you should not shoot a dissapearing target if it wil take too long. How about swingers do these qualify? sorry about the OT.

It depends on where it comes to rest in the current rule book. If, when the swinger is at rest, one of the A-zones is not available to be shot at, it is deemed a disappearing target. Otherwise, misses count....

I thought that all it needed was a wall to keep from seeing the activator at the end of the platform.

Also, I didnt know you could see the paper to the right of the activators through the window of that downrange wall/window. We started on that stage, ick.

I'll start with stage 12, Bridge Beam.

I was the only one in my squad that skipped the drop turner. I had it figured as a wash. Save two seconds by not stopping.

Did not see any other squad shoot that stage. Did everyone shoot at it?

Where can I find a pic of this CoF?

How long would a person be "exposed" to the drop-turner?

Who got two hits (without the no-shoot) on the max trap target activated by opening the door (stage 16?)? Stand up and be counted as a badass. (Alpha-NS for me.)

On stage 14 (golf cart) I thought the best strategy was to end on the windmill because you had to go so deep into that position, it cost time and risked the 180 to come out of it. I shot middle, right, left, ending at the windmill position.

The Czech shooter on my squad, Roman, had a great way of picking up two magazines from the golf cart. Arrange them in a narrow V shape, pads touching, bullets up. Grab with middle finger in the V gap, move one to the pouch and then the remaining mag to the gun. Great method for mags-on-surface starts. Nine years and I still learn something new...

Uhhhh...

Alpha and a low Bravo for me...But i Sucked the rest of that stage...My worst two stages were the Bridge beam and #16 (two door sedan).

On 14 i finished up on the far left side. I came across and hit the target in the window on the move and went to the popper and spinner, pulled back and hit the last two targets on the far left, at the corner. I assume most shooters loaded up on the first mag and stowed the rest?

Who got two hits (without the no-shoot) on the max trap target activated by opening the door (stage 16?)? Stand up and be counted as a badass. (Alpha-NS for me.)

On stage 14 (golf cart) I thought the best strategy was to end on the windmill because you had to go so deep into that position, it cost time and risked the 180 to come out of it. I shot middle, right, left, ending at the windmill position.

The Czech shooter on my squad, Roman, had a great way of picking up two magazines from the golf cart. Arrange them in a narrow V shape, pads touching, bullets up. Grab with middle finger in the V gap, move one to the pouch and then the remaining mag to the gun. Great method for mags-on-surface starts. Nine years and I still learn something new...

I don't know that it counts as badass, I scored Alpha - Bravo because I scooted across the room, took two hits on the open target to the left of the trap and engaged the trap at bayonet range as I moved right and downrange. It seemed like the same amount of time without the disaster factor. I turned in 70.66% of the stage winners score on that one.

I finished on the windmill on 14 as well with a similar path. I earned 74.55% of the stage winner score on that one.

So you had to pick up two whole mags? Man, that musta been tough! I can see where that would have required some outstanding strategy and coordination. ;);):D

I took the cowardly (prudent) approach and charged through the door shooting the static on the left and just took the two point-blank head shots. 61.16% with a miss.

Yep, me too. . . and most of our squad.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Roman before our match began. We watched the supersquad shoot their first stage (17). He had some awesome insights on that stage as well.

Squadmate Mike Thompson had the "V" thing figured, too, and was sportsmanlike (as always) in showing us the trick. We shoved a mag in the gun right away and then put the other in the pouch as we took a step right where the angle on the poppers was better.

I wouldn't have thought of that myself. Mike is good at that kind of thing. That's why we keep him around. That, and he makes awesome cofffee.

Got two hits on every Max Trap.

If you opened the door, and tried to hit it on the run, you made it hard.

Started back from the door, so I could open it without moving, and get on the Max Traqp without stepping in. Shot the first target. Ripped the door open, got the gun pointed where I wanted to shoot it. Had to wait a tic, and fired twice as soon as the no-shoot started moving.

Oh, 72% on that stage B)

Did the same twin mag pickup on 14. Slipped the first into the pouch, the second became a standard reload action.

Edited by wide45

Shot the first target strong-hand-only as I got my hand on the door knob, yanked the door open, got my weak hand back on the revolver just in time to shoot the max trap twice from the threshold (Alpha-Charlie). I had a great run, and was hoping for a stage win, but Miculek got me. I still felt pretty bad-ass knowing I could crank the wheel fast enough to beat the max-trap.

Shot the first target strong-hand-only as I got my hand on the door knob, yanked the door open, got my weak hand back on the revolver just in time to shoot the max trap twice from the threshold (Alpha-Charlie). I had a great run, and was hoping for a stage win, but Miculek got me. I still felt pretty bad-ass knowing I could crank the wheel fast enough to beat the max-trap.

You were definately smokin' Brother Mike, but Jerry was down with the "B" squad the afternoon before studying the stage and sounding like a man that had hot breath on his neck. It looked/sounded like he was going to burn it down or blow it up.

He would have never made the run he made without your help; if you know what I mean. ;)

That must be one really fast Max Trap they have out at PASA.

I'll bet it is the same one that bit me back at the 2003 Factory Gun Nats (L-10).

Stage 10 was Tony's Yard, our last stage of the match. I was up first. I thought I had plenty of time after the activator to get on a tough static and then on the trap. That tough static was a hard lean, IIRC. And, I just wasn't in the position deep enough to get right on it. so, I had to shift weight after the activator to get on the static...leading to Alpha-Mike-NS on the trap.

Bummer...took a 5th place stage run down to 71st. I was an A-class Limited shooter then, not far off of making Master...stuck in L-10 as B-class. :(

Tough prop, but it helped me to learn that I need to get into the proper position on some arrays...so that the shooting can be allowed to happen without extra input/shifting.