Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wheel Gun Pride

Steelshooter

As Jerry V and I were talking at the Croc this month, I commented on his BE sig line. We thought it would be neat if all of us that shoot the wheel had a logo. Kind of a way to show other shooters that we choose to shoot in this class because of the challenges it presents. <_<

Here is a first attempt at this, I borrowed the ICORE cylinder and added some words. Let me know what you think.

If we can decide on a logo/ emblem we could get some shirts printed up as a group. Cool huh! :D

Roger

USPSA_Revolver_Shooters_logo.doc

Hmmm...45 huh? What about the minority? Look at Tom's logo for TK Custom. It has a little bit for everyone. I wonder if he would help by sponsoring some of the shirt costs and allow us to sponge off his logo? Maybe, with his business name pasted somewhere. :unsure:

Hmmm...45 huh? What about the minority? Look at Tom's logo for TK Custom. It has a little bit for everyone. I wonder if he would help by sponsoring some of the shirt costs and allow us to sponge off his logo? Maybe, with his business name pasted somewhere. :unsure:

I guess a 1911 with a red slash thru it wouldn't be nice, would it?

Does this elitism from the revolver "group" mean that as I mainly shoot a 19/2011 that I need to either shoot the 625 full time or sell it ? :( Is this an either/or thing? :huh:

I think it's a great idea! Engrave the top two lines on my headstone.

There were some terrific quotes that could be plucked from that "revolver friendly" thread we had a while back. But it needs to be a bit, ummm, ?,

"Revolver Friendly Stages?"

"We don need no steeking Revolver Friendly stages"

"I AM Revolver Friendly"

"Revolver Division: lending a touch of class to an otherwise vulgar equipment race."

"If you have to ask why you wouldn't understand"

"My other gun is a Revolver too."

"What kind of game would it be if better scores could be bought at a store...oh wait.."

"...On the road less taken..."

As for the graphic, I'd remove a reference to a specific caliber and just spell out Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas (In Latin or English). I know several that shoot other than .45 and they're even more HARD CORE than I am. B)

Does this elitism from the revolver "group" mean that as I mainly shoot a 19/2011 that I need to either shoot the 625 full time or sell it ? :( Is this an either/or thing? :huh:

Is your "Humor" thingy not working this evening? ;)

I would drop the USPSA. There are many games that we shoot: ICORE, Steel, Action Pistol, so on and so on....

There is one quotation that everyone knows and always brings a revo to mind:

"go ahead, make my day"

Yeah, those revolver-only guys are just a bunch of goddam bigots.

;)

:D I like the T-shirt idea. I shoot at .38, .357, 625 (.45) and don't care what you put on it. I also shoot a 1911, but during the last two years I mainly shoot a revolver to help our small group to grow. I've noticed more people buying revolvers or pulling the old ones out of the vault. I think anything we can do to show that we enjoy and are proud of what we shoot is a good idea.

Let's make it happen, AND HAVE FUN DOING IT. :lol:

;)

I guess I'll go apologize to my 1911s for being an elitist. Or not. They have a sense of humor

How about my new one ?

+1 to all the suggestions, we can keep this going until we get to a design we like. :)

Here's to all of you going to the Nats this year, I hope to attend myself one of these years. I have been to the IRC twice now, and had a ball each time, I would think the Nats would be similar. :huh:

Roger

I would drop the USPSA. There are many games that we shoot: ICORE, Steel, Action Pistol, so on and so on....

There is one quotation that everyone knows and always brings a revo to mind:

"go ahead, make my day"

"I know what you're thinkin', did he shoot six shots or only five. Well, in all the excitement I kinda lost track myself. So you gotta ask yourself ...do I feel lucky? "

;)

I think it has something to do with you guys thinking your cylinders are bigger than everyone else's..... :o:rolleyes:

Bunch of danged bankwalkers...... :lol:

Mike, you listening for ideas on your Iowa T-Shirts?

Like the ideas:

DVC no caliber by Waltermitty

"Action" Revolvers

If it was easy, by Aerosigns.

I've got to get one made up with that!

Edited by pskys2

Bunch of danged bankwalkers...... :lol:

what the hell is a bankwalker?????

Back when the kids would gather at the ole swimming hole and go skinny dipping there were always a few kids who would hide themselves with their hands till they got into the water. There were always a few who would get undressed and into the water with no hint of self conscious and then there was always on or two who were a little "old for their age"..you know..the ones who already had a 5:00 beard shadow. Well, those with the more adult attributes would, rather than immediately jump into the water, take their sweet time and parade around on the bank before getting in. The kids who felt they had a little more to be proud of..... The "Bankwalkers". :o:lol::lol:;)

Here's my idea of the shirt...

BACK: Semi-circle text wrapped around the loaded cylinder. No caliber. DVC is alright

SIX-RELOAD-SIX

IF IT WAS EASY, EVERYONE WOULD DO IT

(kinda' too long, but I like it)

FRONT LEFT CHEST: Semi-circle text wrapped around a moonclip

REVOLVER SHOOTERS

"THE BANKWALKERS"

:lol: THANX MERLIN! :lol: