Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Rimfire Challenge

MBaneACP

...a .22 two-gun match, now scheduled for 5 May 2006 at the Hogue Range in Morro Bay, CA.

This is the new .22 2-gun national competition we've tinkered together with Ken Jorgensen at Ruger, Dave Arnold, me. Lisa Farrell and the guys at the Hogue Range. Ideally, we're looking at 4 regional matches in 2006-2007, with the championships in Morro Bay and featured on SHOOTING GALLERY.

We're basically working on 5 "core" stages...one rifle only, one handgun only and three mixed. No holsters — everything staged off tables or benches; custom targets from Action Targets; 4 "classes" — Open (anything goes!), Limited (no glass/no muzzle brakes-comps), "Mechanical" (bolt, lever or pump rifle/DA revolver, aka, the Patrick Sweeney class) and "Cowboy," 2 single action revolvers and a cowboy lever gun...competitors in Cowboy Class must wear a cowboy hat; if they don't have one, one will be provided for them).

We'll be filming the May 5 match for SG (hey, it's my friggin' birthday!), and hopefully we'll have a VERY nice prize table!

More info from TLAA* Lisa Farrell as to when entry forms wil be available.

(*The Lovely and Acerbic)

PS: This match will have a WHINERS WILL BE EXECUTED disclaimer!!! I swear to god, we're not joking this time!

Michael B

<_< I have ben late a few times, so I can catch up,... but I am way to late for this.

Jamie

<_< If ...IF you could use the STC target banks and, IF the Out Door game vertical rack could be used the like the Combo Targets I think My range could host somthing small.

I have a full set of STC targets + some

Jamie Foote

Alamo Sport Shooting Club

OK Mikey,

Quit fartin' around on your mountain bike and give us some details. I would love to have a 22 match at my home club and it would be great to run it similar to someone else's format. I thought about STC, but the only way I'd do it is to not have that goofy mag reloading as part of the match.

E

OK Mikey,

I thought about STC, but the only way I'd do it is to not have that goofy mag reloading as part of the match.

E

:P the STC format has ben updated some the past few years. All rifles start with three mags loaded , the old way was with just two. with three mags I normaly dont reload when shooting rifle. & in the Combo the hand gun shooters start with two 10 round mags. I do reload on that one.

JF

• 2 weeks later...

Alright alright already...I'm back and "temporally challenged!"

Correct date is 5 May 2007...my birthday, by the way. I will be 28 years old...or maybe 32...46? 51? LOL!

Right now we're figuring on open sign-up, with about a 100 shooter cap. We want to keep it small enough to make sure it runs well. Right now our focus is on hammering out targets and scoring system. We want to be able to offer the targets as a reasonably priced package to clubs (probably through Cabela's).

For example. on the rifle-only stage, we're looking at five banks of five steel "prairie dog" knockdowns...shooters will have 25 rounds of ammo and a fixed time limit to engage banks of targets from 25-75 yards. On the 2-gun stages, we're looking at custom wire racks to hold clay targets on some of the pistol segments.

Dave Arnold is tinkering together the national organization. It'll be a low-cost annual membership with newsletter, discounts, etc. What we hope to do is have enough funding to give complete target sets to enough clubs to get the quarterly/regional matches off the ground, probably in conjucntion with other large matches.

We're also working on links to the other large youth rifle competition operations, including the NSSF Scholastic Rifle Program, the 4-H competitions and the Boy Scouts.

LOTS of industry interest and pledged support, which we hope to translate into an excellent prize structure!

Arnold and I will have stage designs for the 5 core stages by end of next month. We shoudl have a website up by the end of the year, with a formal anouncement of the match and organization at SHOT.

I'll try to be more prompt in getting back to the list! If I'm MIA too long, email me through TOC, mbane@outdoorchannel.com.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...