Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arrogant Stupid Tourists

Ted Murphy

I was working in Philadelphia today and was standing outside an exit from the Subway. The exit is in the side of an old department store and there are 6 glass doors for access. In one corner of the landing was 3 rather smelly homeless people sleeping.

Out comes some fellow from the Empire State with 2 kids in tow. This guy comes up to me and tells me that Philadelphia is in such poor shape. He then told me that in New York City, they no longer have homeless people. "The city took care of problem," He says.

Apparently me calling NYC "A big Dump"*. Really ticked him off.

The ironic part (at least to me) is the transit cops were en route to roust them anyway. I did not even bother to dignify his statement that there was no homeless people in NYC with a response.

He then asked me for directions to independence hall. I was sorely tempted to send him up some alleys and permit him to see something far more scary than a sleeping homeless guy but that wouldn't be fair to the crooks. The tourist would probably tell them the hoods in NYC are better marksmen or something. ;)

Ted

Edited by Ted Murphy

I've only been once in Philly but the homeless people seemed fairly high class. It was almost as if they were actors playing homeless people and who didn't quite get all the moves right. A nice town but it had a strange vibe to me .. it almost felt artificial. I mostly hung in the central part of the town while in business for a week, and I'm sure that other parts of town are more "real".

LOL Tell him if he thinks Philly is bad go to San Francisco. Talk about a bum infestation. You have to step over them downtown. I went to a big name restaurant there once where it was obvious that after hours their front door was used as a urinal.

I remember going there thinking "this is it?" lol. I thought it would be so much bigger, and not basically a little square downtown.

But I did buy my first civilian beer at a Jack in the Box right near there.. lol..

The River Walk then was not a nice place...

Edited by BerKim

I remember going there thinking "this is it?" lol. I thought it would be so much bigger, and not basically a little square downtown.

But I did buy my first civilian beer at a Jack in the Box right near there.. lol..

The River Walk then was not a nice place...

Yeah, long ago in college, some friends and I were driving around San Antonio one night more or less aimlessly, as college guys with nothing better to do on a Friday night do. Most of us had a beer or three each ... anyway, shortly after vetoing an attempt to see how many drug dealers we could attract the attention of in the projects (NOT my idea), we turn down a street and the local boys say "there's the Alamo". My first thought "What a crappy place to put it". :o

As a child we went to see the Alamo and I was bummed that it was not out on the prairie with all the ramparts still standing, but to my chagrin, it is small and downtown....

Downtown? You mean to tell me it does not stand in a grove of Cottonwood trees?

But in the movie.... :o

Atleast people aren't selling their expensive home in Kali and buying up the land so no one that wasn't here 4-6 years ago can afford a house. 350-400K is about as cheap as you can buy a semi decent place. A few years ago it was 120-160k

I'm glad I had a couple places before that happened.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I guess the biggest heartbreak was my brothers...he so wanted to hire a Mexican to shoot him off the revetment when he was old, so he could go out like the heros at the Alamo..and having investigated that for him, you wouldn't believe how really difficult it is to find anyone, not just a Mexican in a 1836 uniform to take on the job...I have tried and tried,(sometimes harder than others, when I was really Pi**ed at him)...but to no avail...perhaps I could get a shooter from the Austin area to come over and pretend he is one target on a Tx Star and just empty their big stick at him....but then maybe that is just optimism on my part.... :lol:

I guess the biggest heartbreak was my brothers...he so wanted to hire a Mexican to shoot him off the revetment when he was old, so he could go out like the heros at the Alamo..and having investigated that for him, you wouldn't believe how really difficult it is to find anyone, not just a Mexican in a 1836 uniform to take on the job...I have tried and tried,(sometimes harder than others, when I was really Pi**ed at him)...but to no avail...perhaps I could get a shooter from the Austin area to come over and pretend he is one target on a Tx Star and just empty their big stick at him....but then maybe that is just optimism on my part.... :lol:

You can't find someone to shoot at you in downtown San Antonio???? LOL

I guess the biggest heartbreak was my brothers...he so wanted to hire a Mexican to shoot him off the revetment

You can't find someone to shoot at you in downtown San Antonio???? LOL

Hay thats not nice :huh: ...no one has ben shot in downtown San Antonio in days.