Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dreaming....

I noticed it a while ago, actually it never happened before, but they are regular now.

While dry firing (drawing) I had kinda picture like memory flashes from child hood, earlier stages of my life etc. nice and clean "pictures" long-long forgotten images, (what I never could remember) in the meantime I still come up with excellent performance, and rockin' fast times.

On multi shot exercises ( a la Steve Anderson) they appear mostly too but not exclusively.

I'm talking about mid 3 sec par times here, before somebody chimes in and states: wake up kid and go fast and it won't happen again.

Edited by TheHun

I noticed it a while ago, actually it never happened before, but they are regular now.

While dry firing (drawing) I had kinda picture like memory flashes from child hood, earlier stages of my life etc. nice and clean "pictures" long-long forgotten images, (what I never could remember) in the meantime I still come up with excellent performance, and rockin' fast times.

On multi shot exercises ( a la Steve Anderson) they appear mostly too but not exclusively.

I'm talking about mid 3 sec par times here, before somebody chimes in and states: wake up kid and go fast and it won't happen again.

i believe if you are day dreaming, you are not in the moment of dryfiring. either day dream or dryfire but not both.

i daydream a lot! ;):D

lynn

Those dreams, I prefer the term: memory flashes happen when I'm down on Alpha level.

Different levels for the mind-brain... Those who are familiar with the subject know what I'm talking about.

(Mind control by Jose Silva and all his books etc. are good reads on the subject)

For some who found this funny I try to use different terms -words.

Conscious level ------> no dreams -------> dry firing SLOW

Subconscious mind - level ------>memory flashes -------> dry firing FAST

;)

Edited by TheHun

Those dreams, I prefer the term: memory flashes happen when I'm down on Alpha level.

Different levels for the mind-brain... Those who are familiar with the subject know what I'm talking about.

(Mind control by Jose Silva and all his books etc. are good reads on the subject)

For some who found this funny I try to use different terms -words.

Conscious level ------> no dreams -------> dry firing SLOW

Subconscious mind - level ------>memory flashes -------> dry firing FAST

;)

You're scaring me. Are the "flashbacks" accompanied by voices?

Ok Give him a break- be nice- I know exactly what he tauking about, and it is very productive ( if ) it is viewed right. - Ever finaly got to go to some Island resort , or Snoe coverd mountain that you had thought about for years? = well when you get to the place, some of us have a memory of what we were doing and whare we were when we first had the dream of going. At the moment we realize that we have finaly reached a goal our mind is in a state of happyness that Opens Up = like it is ready for the NEW. new info, new goals, new ideas.

Any time you can -Open your Mind- you have started a new path.

So Give the guy a break. And learn something he is trying to share

Jamie Foote

Ok Give him a break- be nice- I know exactly what he tauking about, and it is very productive ( if ) it is viewed right. - Ever finaly got to go to some Island resort , or Snoe coverd mountain that you had thought about for years? = well when you get to the place, some of us have a memory of what we were doing and whare we were when we first had the dream of going. At the moment we realize that we have finaly reached a goal our mind is in a state of happyness that Opens Up = like it is ready for the NEW. new info, new goals, new ideas.

Any time you can -Open your Mind- you have started a new path.

So Give the guy a break. And learn something he is trying to share

Jamie Foote

Thanks for the P.M. I knew I'm not the only one who sometimes goes for a "vacation" on a different level of the mind.

...Just spent some time going deeper into my mind...and shared my observations.

I think it's probably a good sign if your conscious brain has nothing better to do than go look through some old files... beats worrying about taxes and getting old by a mile.

Well, at least you recognize it. Tis a much better thing to be aware and work to remedy this in dryfire than for it to all of the sudden happen to you on the 2nd run at 25 yds on the Plates at Bianchi. Ask me how I know that. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some mental imaging when shooting Bullseye as a way to relax and get my mind "centered."

Basically I imagine that I'm floating underwater, and concentrate on making the image as real as possible. It helps to clear out all the stray thoughts in my mind.

But I do this before raising the pistol and shooting.

If I get flashes of thought or memories while shooting (everything from images of ex-girlfriends to remembering that I need to pick up a jug of orange juice) I put the gun down and clear my head again.

The nice thing about action shooting is that I don't get distracted by my own mind.

Take that, ADD!