Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&w M&p Mag Disconnect Removal

Dan Burwell

The other thread was getting pretty long and if the mods would rather have it there they can move this.

After reading the other S&W thread someone mentioned that you needed a spring from S&W in order to remove the Magazine disconnector, so I had been putting off my call to them. Today I finally called and to my suprise :rolleyes: the customer "service" person had no idea what I was talking about. She told me she called the parts dept and the production dept and they had no idea what I was talking about. I was really hoping that I would just order the part throw it in and be done with it. but no.

To make a long story short I took apart a M&P today figured out what needed to be done to remove this "safety" device. I thougth there may be some intrest here as how to do this so I made a how to page. It can be found here.

S&W M&P- mag disconnector removal

If you have any further questions or comments feel free to ask here or via email, but I think if asked here it could benefit everyone.

Please lets not turn this thread into a S&W customer "service" sucks thread. thank you.

Enjoy,

Dan

+1 and Thanks.

Now for the 25 cent trigger job? :P

the 25 cent trigger job was the first thing I did to the M&P after I took it out of the box.

It does make a very noticable improvement in the trigger pull.

It is pretty much the same as for a glock if people think that they would like some instructions, I could take some pics and put something together.

Dan

the 25 cent trigger job was the first thing I did to the M&P after I took it out of the box.

It does make a very noticable improvement in the trigger pull.

It is pretty much the same as for a glock if people think that they would like some instructions, I could take some pics and put something together.

Dan

We would appreciate it .

Thanks.

Newbie Question here,

Y do you need to remove the Mag Disconnector?? is it against the production rules??

Just curious coz im plannin to get one. :)

Since S&W sells a version with no disconnector, it should not cause issues with production, not even in IDPA.

As for why? While some people feel that being able to disable the gun by dropping the magazine in a struggle is a good thing, others believe having to insert a magazine to unload and show clear makes it less safe. Definitely more annoying, even if you can show clear by jamming your finger up the magwell (which I don't even know if you can, as my M&P has no disconnector formt he factory).

Thanx Raz-O, that really clarified things for me, so all i have to do is specify "No Magazine Disconector".

the sku for 40 with no mag safety (how it's notated) is 209300 the sku for 9mm with no mag safety is 209301.

That's what you ask for if buying new.

Word is that S&W will not sell the M&P to civilians that have both the trigger lock and disconnect safety removed. Reserved for LE and MIL only. Go figure.

Another reason not to buy current gen S&W's. Still caving into the anti gun PC crowd.

Word is that S&W will not sell the M&P to civilians that have both the trigger lock and disconnect safety removed. Reserved for LE and MIL only. Go figure.

Another reason not to buy current gen S&W's. Still caving into the anti gun PC crowd.

Really, because i was able to order it just fine. Don't blame S&W where your FFL may really be at fault. There is a LEO package sku for it, it basically comes with night sights and 3 mags. That is a bit harder to come by.

These guys happily sell it.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advance...amp;x=0&y=0

Not a bad price either.

Edited by raz-0

• 3 years later...
Newbie Question here,

Y do you need to remove the Mag Disconnector?? is it against the production rules??

Just curious coz im plannin to get one. :)

I know this is an old post but I would like to clarify something. The July 2009 update to the USPSA production rules specifically allows removal of a magazine disconnect.

My M&P doesn't have one and they are now widely available without.

Edited by twodownzero