Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-01

straight forward classifier

shot it this weekend and blew it, wound up with 2 mikes on the first string at 25yds.A definite case of speed kills for me.I shot the first string in 4.6 seconds,should have taken more time to get a better sight picture.

I wound up with a hit factor of 4.015,any idea how this will rank nationally?(for limited division)

• 1 month later...

Division  Points  Penalties    Time  Hit Factor

Open         142          0       18.94      7.4974  

Couldn't get the classifier mag to drop free on the reload string and shot like a doofus weak hand, but otherwise good. Woulda had all ten As on the middle target were it not for a hardass RO calling one a C. Ran about high threes to low fours on each string except the reload string.

If USPSA ever adopted a single classifier, this should be it. This makes a good set of practice drills, too.

(Edited by Erik Warren at 2:37 pm on Aug. 5, 2002)

• 9 months later...

Shot this one with a revolver and an open blaster during our special yesterday. I had a killer score going with the revolver and I knew it when I got to the right hand only string. Drew that 52 ounce boat anchor of a pig 610 and drilled the target on the far left then went to the second target and swung past it. Immediately realized I was shooting in the wrong direction and instead of going to the far right then pulling back to the center target I went into all out panic mode and had more misses than I care to mention. Shot the last string left handed and tanked it too. The RO offered a re-shoot based on the fact that what I just did wasn't up to my known ability. I turned the re-shoot down, then reconsidered and ran it again after everyone else shot and managed 22 A's and 8 C's in 25 seconds for 5.7166 hit factor. This is a case where I am not sure if re-shooting is nothing more than grandbagging or if a re-shoot was OK. I am kind of torn over it because I think the re-shoot is in the middle 80 per cent and could put me in M class when combined with the other 3 classifiers.

The open blaster run was a disaster with 11 C's and 2 hits in the B panel. The B hits were errant shots that deserved to me misses. Had 123 points in 19.23 seconds for 6.3443 hit factor. If Storm is right that works out to 66 per cent.

• 5 months later...

127 @ 15.92 for 7.9774 HF Limited M

Had a lot of D's on the middle target, I've been shooting low and or left lately. I think I need to work on my grip. But I think the time was quick enough to make it a good one. I need it, I'm going to be master with an A class percentage here pretty soon.

Edit 11/12/03

It did come in at 100%...that's my first in Limited. Alot of my good classifers look like this, I'm way down on points but fast. I know speed counts but it's just hard to believe you can be 23 points down and shoot a 100%. Oh well, I'll take it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Shot this one today Production and Revolver and I'am not sure on how to get the HHF for them. My Production time was 23.33 and 118 points no misses for a hit factor of 5.0578 and my Revolver time was 24.72 and 121 points for a hit factor of 4.8948 to many D's.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...