Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns Are Not Accurate

Ferrell Spicer

This was on the Memphis local news about what to do if you are carjacked. I think they are making better idiots again.... :wacko:

Click on the video link too.

http://tinyurl.com/mdj4s

The video is priceless. "Paintball experts" commenting on how hard it is to hit anything with a real pistol?! The comment by the newsette, "Actually, a paintball gun is a lot more accurate than a real gun would be...." cracked me up. I wonder where she might have hear that?

:lol::lol::lol: (insert knee-slapping, rolling on floor icon here) :P:lol::P

Edited by ima45dv8

Well I teach all my students that if they are not carrying or cannot get to their pistol, to get out and run like hell...there is a 50% chance they will shoot you, if they do hit you there is only a 50% chance it will be fatal. So do you want to go to the secondary crime scene and be 100% sure he will kill you, or get out and run where at least you have a 50/50 chance of getting away...?

Of course the best solution is to be prepared, practiced, and kill the SOB when he tried to jack you... :)

Holy crap. That might be the most irresponsible piece of journalism I have ever seen. How about asking someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Why would you offer the public advice on how to deal with a carjack by interviewing a paintball gunner.

Wow! And people wonder why nobody trusts the media.

It's because they are idiots! Let's see, let's get a 14 year old retard as our expert on firearms.

It's hard to believe that actually aired on tv.

Do "experts" really advise people to crash their cars?

Sanford Strong advocated just that in his book Strong on Defense. I think I've seen that bit of advice in other places too ---- and based on fifteen years of reading newspapers about abductions/carjackings that turn into killings, I've concluded that it's probably a better idea than going gently into that good night......

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

This piece belongs in the humor forum.

Somebody from the local IPSC club please go get this woman and take her to the range.

A little demonstration on swingers and movers might enlighten her.

If that were real, any competent shooter would would have put so much lead in her, they would need a forklift to remove the body.

Tls

Every time I think I've seen it all some "MORON" proves me wrong.

I prefer the car-jacker running and zig-zagging trying to avoid "My" fire.

It's crap like this that gets people killed.

The "Experts" I know say "Carry a gun and when the car-jacker approaches your vehicle shoot him in the frickin face."

i thought i heard it all but obviously i didn't. the moronic media thinks that the info given to them by Dudley Poindexter, "the paintball ninja", is really good info just shows once again how clueless they really are. :wacko::huh:

Well I teach all my students that if they are not carrying or cannot get to their pistol, to get out and run like hell...there is a 50% chance they will shoot you, if they do hit you there is only a 50% chance it will be fatal. So do you want to go to the secondary crime scene and be 100% sure he will kill you, or get out and run where at least you have a 50/50 chance of getting away...?

Of course the best solution is to be prepared, practiced, and kill the SOB when he tried to jack you... :)

Having recently moved from Memphis to a more serene locale I can say there is good news and bad news.

The bad news is that carjacking is nearly a mainstream sport in Memphis. When I moved there in '91, friends told me you weren't really a Memphian until you had your car stolen. Mine was, about six months later.

The good news, The MED (regional trauma center) treats so many GSW's that their survival rate at patching up shooting victims is very high, I believe still over 90%. Or maybe the shooters in Memphis are all as bad as that guy they interviewed for the article.

Edited by Paule

I love how the reporter shrugged off getting hit in the arm saying that taking one in the arm is better off than going along with the carjacker.

Someone ought to show her pictures of wounds to appendages caused by small arms. I get the feeling she thinks getting hit in the arm is like it was in all the John Wayne movies, where a pressure bandage is all one needs to drive on.

The really sad part about all of this is that Tn is a carry state. She should have advised people to get a carry permit an quality training on how to deal with a car jacking. Carjackers, and criminals in general, love to go after the low hanging fruit, and people who would defend themselves by running down the road in a serpantine fashion hoping to not get shot are just that. It reminds me of the old axiom... hope is not a strategy.

I'm going to go to one of the paintball stores in Memphis tomorrow and see what kind of trade I can make. I know they must have a special concealed carry/anti-carjacking model paintball gun that will shoot better than my Glock, but can somebody tell me which holsters I should look at.....small of the crack maybe.........

There may actually be a grain of truth to this statement " Firearms are not accurate ".

This may be a new development , like a virus, that has currently infected my pistol.

That would explain my inability to hit anything lately...

OK , it was a freakin joke...

Travis F.