Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-09

ErikW

HTH

I think of it more as lying on your back with your feet toward the target, heals near your butt, knees spread (no dirty comments please). :o

The pistol is between your legs, two hands on the pistol, bracing your forearms against the inside of your legs.

Right! Just don't yank any shots!

HTH

I think of it more as lying on your back with your feet toward the target, heals near your butt, knees spread (no dirty comments please). :o

The pistol is between your legs, two hands on the pistol, bracing your forearms against the inside of your legs.

Right! Just don't yank any shots!

Amen to that!

Shot this thing in Memphis last Sunday, could go up in classification next month if it is good enough could someone let me know?

Hopalong,

104 pts

32.40 time

3.2099 HF

NO MIKES :P:P:P

oh yeah, Revolver

(did not do so good at the TN section in the rain)

• 2 weeks later...

Shot this in the rain this weekend at the TN Section Match. It was a great match, but sucked having to shoot long range standards in the rain and mud. Had one mike, but was pleased with the overall results.

open

95 points

21.37 total time

4.4455 hf

• 8 months later...

Shot this yesterday and had a new problem to learn from, shot fairly well standing, all shots on paper, kneeling I miked 2, not so good. Prone sucked. I think I only put 7 on paper.

The interesting thing that got me was before I started the prone string, I didn't clear the area. Murhpy steps in and My strong side biceps lands directly on a scorching hot piece of brass. I shot the first six and during the reload I cuss and move the brass. LESSON LEARNED

Score sheets weren't available after the match so I don't have time and HF yet

• 2 weeks later...

I shot this last weekend and pooched it hard. Similar experience to bufit323. My best string was the freestyle standing.

It was all downhill after that...need get out and shoot and 40 and 50 yards. My first prone shooting ever really, felt good getting to the ground, felt comfortable down there, but all the hits from prone were low.

The only real distance experience I have is at 20 yards - I never get out any farther than that. Boy do you need alot better sight picture at 40 than 20. ;)

- Gabe

Interesting, I also hold high with iron sights at long range, though my bullets aren't dropping that much. Had the same trouble on the 35-40 yard Steel Challenge targets.

In the classifier, I held at the top of the A zone, maybe even into the C a bit. On the prone target that's where I grouped, centered around the perf.; the standing and kneeling targets had lower groups.

Bad trigger control? Flinch?

So good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Whatever it takes to get the hits is what I decided.

• 1 year later...

Shot this one this past Sunday. Shooting a Glock 22 in Limited. I was the last shooter and everyone was getting killed with misses. Was excited to see no misses and 115 pts total. I did not realize how slow my 49.30sec total time was until I checked it against others. My 2.3327hf only gave me a 50% classifier score. I'm a B and that is what I shot. Thought the points would have given me a better classifer, but I guess not. Live and learn.

Nick-

On a side note, I'm very happy with the accuracy my G22 is capable of. I've got a KKM bbl in her that really seems to like my load. Most accurate Glock I have owned. I hold upper A zone on all shots and from all shooting positions.

• 2 years later...