Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-39

We shot this yesterday. It is a rough one for old knees.

My time was 17.89, 110 points shot, but with 20 penalty points. On the third string, I thought I had a mike (we were shooting in the rain and had plastic covers on the targets) so I made up an A with an A or it could have been the C with a C, anyway, it took a very nice 93% classifer and turned into a not so nice, but still counting for my percentage, 76% run.

As to how I shot it: The first two strings are what they are. the last string was right side of the barricade, shoot right to left, reload, transition to the left side of the barricade and shoot left to right. It was the last target that I thought I missed since I was slipping a bit and didn't notice the plastic bag move as I had on all the rest of the shots.

Weird thing was how slow it felt. It was as if everything was moving in molasses and I was watching it.

Jim

If only I can put that together again for an entire match.

Jim

Shot this one today, tough one, real tough. Don't know the times or hits yet. Had to leave early so I didn't write anything down.

I can remember my runs were 6.xxx, 5.xxx, 5.xxx something and I know I had 14 A's and 2 C's on the middle and right target. Can't remember the left target. I'll post when they get the scores up.

Flyin

This one was definitely designed by a skinny person with short legs and good knees. Pilates anyone?

Revolver

25.20 sec / 115 pts (19A/5C)

Should be near 76%, two crappy 58% classifiers this summer will probably keep me out of A Class :angry: ....for now. B)

We last shot this classifier in 2001.

I am guessing that it will be more than half a decade before we do so again.

Make sure its raining like yesterday <_< ...actually, it wasn't as bad (afterwards) as it would appear to be when doing the walk through. Maybe we can do it again in four years.

We last shot this classifier in 2001.

I am guessing that it will be more than half a decade before we do so again.

I hope to never see this classifier again :huh:

17.63 111pts Ohio site is down right now so I'll have to check later for a %. I'm guessing I'll be lucky to be over 80%, probably more in the 70% range. I would be happy with an 80%. I bet it was funny watching me trying to get down in that damn box.

Flyin40

Edited by Flyin40

There's a couple of secrets to this one... I'm not exactly a small, skinny guy, but I can manage a decent score/time on it... ;)

The tips I know are - get down first on the first two strings, so its a very short index between the two quadrants. And... you don't have to be completely upright to shoot, ya know... ;) The leans aren't anywhere near as bad, that way.... And, put your feet where you want them to end up when you're kneeling before you start, or at least as close as possible - then just get down while you're drawing... shoot the side of the barricade you're on and work towards the other side, move down (short move, remember, and work your way back out).

The third string is easiest for me standing and shooting the left and right sides, of course...

Edited by XRe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I used this one yesterday in a local match. Lots of negative comments by the shooters on this one. Oops. :blink:

As for me, I suffered to prop induced malfunctions. The slide doesn't like to run when it bumps into things, like say the cross bar. I did it on back to back shots from the low left port. Oops. This one's not going to count.

mattk

I used this one yesterday in a local match. Lots of negative comments by the shooters on this one. Oops. :blink:

As for me, I suffered to prop induced malfunctions. The slide doesn't like to run when it bumps into things, like say the cross bar. I did it on back to back shots from the low left port. Oops. This one's not going to count.

mattk

As much as I dislike the El-Prez as a classifier...I'd take it all day long over this POS. I shot this one (thanks to Matt) yesterday and I think I spent 1/3 of my time just trying to get into position (at 6'1" its a little challenge) but the real trick of the day was watching the 7'0" shooter in our squad try and get under the bar. I didn't think it was possible..but he did it.

• 5 months later...

Blew this classifier today. Shoot the wood stick that divides positions on string 1, partially. <_<

Saw a lot of people struggle trying to get around barricade, loose balance, step out of box and back in.

• 1 year later...

I absolutely hate this classifier. We shot this last month at a club match, it was our last stage of the day, and I had a really bad 1st run. Lost my balance while kneeling, grabbed the stick, regained my balance and kept shooting. It was awful, I took an extra shot, and still had a mike (on another target).

So I asked if I could re-shoot it. I normally don't reshoot, but I didn't want to end the day on such a sour note. I wanted the sweet satisfaction of getting back on that horse, and digging in with both spurs. :)

The reshoot was a ton better, and it netted me a 100% in Limited. And now I just read in Front Sight that they are going to delete this one from the Classifier Book.

Well, I'm just glad I got my revenge before we throw this one out. Can I be the first to throw the stage diagram in the fire-pit? :roflol:

• 4 years later...