Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

Linda,
Any non-motorized cart is okay. All the custom or commercial conveyances you listed are okay.

Like I said, you will see this again. Pack your carts, wagons & baby carriages.

I guess I should have been more specific. My carrier has 2 motors on it (I know.... but I'm old).

3%20Gun%20Cart_edited.jpg

Tom

Tom

Email your question & picture to SFC Aaron Hampton at fb3gunmd@gmail.com for a ruling. The non-motorized rule comes from the Ft Benning side.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did not receive your e-mail, I'll provide the waiver, if anyone else has a cart like this send me an e-mail, before you show up with it. If your cart is capable, or designed to carry a person, it is a no-go and no exceptions will be entertained.

VR,

BigHamp

So the regular "carts" that carry long guns muzzle down are okay then (i.e. in their carriers and outside of cases?

This is why the Army sometimes pisses me off. When we (medics) have to work ranges (by have to, let me clarify that we are told to work a range and often times don't get to shoot <_< ), the big reminder that we have to tell everyone is muzzle down when slung. Why?

I have enough tape in my bag to tape your foot or your buddy's foot back together. I don't have near enough tape to put his head back together. It's safer!

Enough of my little rant.

Haven't seen the range, but I think I'll do the Kelly Neal method and just drive as near as I can and then roll a rifle case and a carry a range bag.

Rich

Rich, as a fellow medic, if thats all the tape you carry..................buddy!! you need a bigger bag :lol::lol:

masking tape, duct tape, plumbers tape, electrical tape,1" tape 2" tape 3" tape, 4" elastoplast,

boxes of band aids, we got enuf tape to encase you if we see the need, funny thing is, we can never find it when we need it. of course we do have a big red truck to help us carry it :P:P

see you there

trapr

This is why the Army sometimes pisses me off. When we (medics) have to work ranges (by have to, let me clarify that we are told to work a range and often times don't get to shoot <_< ), the big reminder that we have to tell everyone is muzzle down when slung. Why?

Rich

WOW........, muzzle down will allow the round to be contained inside the range fan in the event of an unintentional discharge. Muzzle up carry is also incompatible with team training. Not sure how that turned into a rant, seeing as you are reminding Soldiers muzzle down but I hope this helps.

The range is laid out dress right dress so you will never be further than 300 meters from your car. Stage one will be located on an adjacent range and you will be transported directly to the shooting area. Weapons transport should not be an issue, anyone with an opinion from last year please chime in.

Edited by BigHamp

Hello folks. I finally got a chance to check out the Ft Benning stages and rules.

Here is my question. Some of the stages that involve slugs state: 2 slugs per target. However in scoring this match, one A is all you need.

Can you see where I'm going?

Mhearn

Edited by mhearn

OK, we will use what is written in the rules, and be revising the briefings, we were trying to develop the round count for everyone early and got lost somewhere betweent there and here.

The targets should require proper hits per rule 9.1 to avoid time penalties. that means one A or two of anything else!

So you may need more or less slugs than initially put out, depending on if you are planning on shooting all A's, or being mortal

revised descriptions to follow

jc

So you may need more or less slugs than initially put out, depending on if you are planning on shooting all A's, or being mortal

Planning has nothing to do with it. I'm ROing as well as shooting. I don't want to be reading a stage briefing that states 2 slugs per target when 1 is all you may need.

Mhearn

OK, we will use what is written in the rules, and be revising the briefings, we were trying to develop the round count for everyone early and got lost somewhere betweent there and here.

The targets should require proper hits per rule 9.1 to avoid time penalties. that means one A or two of anything else!

revised descriptions to follow

jc

You will also get this information in an update I am sending out later this week to all shooters & staff (I'm sorry but my day job is getting in the way again). I will update the stage descriptions on the web pages later this week. I will email EVERYONE at the email address you provided on the application to let them know when this is done & I will post the information on this forum thread. The stage descriptions will be changed to reflect the minimum number of rounds to complete the stage (that would be for those of you who will only shoot A's). The rules are the same & the RO-staff instructions sent out earlier are the same. Questions? Email me at LChico@msn.com

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Linda, i didn't notice daniel horner's name on the squad list, or any of the other AMU guys. do they have other commitments? Will they be your "Gophers" :lol:

Trapr

Are they gonna be the Army's version of the Tulsa shooter service's girls??????

Edited by bigbrowndog

Linda, i didn't notice daniel horner's name on the squad list, or any of the other AMU guys. do they have other commitments? Will they be your "Gophers" :lol:

Trapr

Are they gonna be the Army's version of the Tulsa shooter service's girls??????

Giving the AMU guys a shooting slot would cut someone else out of the match. As the 'hosts,' they are working & not shooting. My understanding is that they are working the side matches, but that is up to Aaron Hampton. I'm just working with the staff on stages because I've had the most communication with everyone (understatement).

None of them shot it last year, either.

As for the equivalent of the Shooter Service girls from Tulsa, someone mentioned Victory Drive (?). :ph34r:

And I don't usually need to recruit "Gophers," because everyone is always volunteering to help me :P Probably has nothing to do with the fact that I manage the squad lists & enter their scores . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

And I don't usually need to recruit "Gophers," because everyone is always volunteering to help me :P Probably has nothing to do with the fact that I manage the squad lists & enter their scores . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Linda

We volunteer to help you because we know you take care of your people and put on a good match. Thanks for stepping up.

MHearn

Cy,

Dang it, and if you're going to northern California, you're going to miss a 3-Gun match up in Sacramento around that time (I think Thanksgiving weekend). If you're going down south, check out SWPL, Norco and X3 to see if you can catch a match or two out there.

Rich

Looking for info on Side Matches. Those of us who have to ship ammo ahead, wondering what kind of side matches planned?? Shotgun? Rifle? or Pistol? How much extra ammo and what type of extra ammo to ship???

thanks

LOuie

4 side matches planned: Rifle (7 to 8 rounds per run) Shotgun (8 rounds per run) and 2 pistol (one 12 round & one 6 rounds). These are the planned side matches (provided staffing and range approvals work out).

The reason we have so many side matches, is because there are 13 quads & 9 stages. At any hour, 40 shooters will not be shooting a stage, and we wanted to give you plenty of shooting. The shooting schedules are posted so that you can see when your squad has an unassigned time.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

Stages: The stage descriptions have been changed to reflect the minimum number of rounds to complete the stage (that would be for those of you who will only shoot A's :P ). The rules are the same. All stage procedure descriptions now specify the number of targets that must be engaged to successfully complete the stage. All stages have a second page that details the stage procedure, and includes the required "safe transition condition" of all weapons on multi-gun stages.

The following stages have been modified since the original posting & the changes are summarized below.

Stage 4 -- Clays have been replaced with poppers

Stage 6 -- Walls and shooting area adjusted because of range safety considerations.

Stage 7 -- Walls & shooting area adjusted because of safe angles of fire. Same weapons and same number of rounds, but the shooter now has more options.

Stage 9 -- Changed M203 'target' from facade to car & adjusted bonus seconds down due to decreased difficulty.

A reminder to have 2 completed copies of the Weapons Disclosure And Responsibility Statement ready when you get to the gate at Ft. Benning. Have your ID ready. (http://LChico.5u.com/AMU/FB3GForm.pdf).

The waiver of liability form (http://LChico.5u.com/AMU/WAIVER.pdf) must be completed and on file in stats BEFORE you handle a firearm on the military base. Print it out, fill it out & bring it with you.

I did not post a map to the Zero Range or Test Fire Range. That's because you need to turn in the waiver of liability and get a card (pass) BEFORE you go there. The maps will be in stats and at registration. I get the form. . .you get the card and map. ;)

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico