Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3 Gun Match

The US Army Marksmanship Unit will host the 2nd Fort Benning Tactical 3-Gun Championship. Mark your calendars for the first weekend in December 2006. The match will again be at Fort Benning, Georgia. Current plans are for 9 stages. Staff & vendors will shoot Friday, December 1st. Competitors will shoot Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday, December 3rd. Saturday-Sunday will be limited to 130 shooters. There will be a limited number of Friday slots for competitors unable to shoot the weekend.

Match Director Aaron Hampton is VERY aware of the problems last year with scoring and prize distribution, and the plans are underway to address all of those issues. We have recruited some experienced help. This year, the match will feature the Time Plus scoring system used at several other major 3-gun matches. I am Linda Chico and I will be in charge of registration, squadding and stats. With over 10 years experience scoring USPSA, IDPA and NSCA matches, I can promise you we will not have a scoring "meltdown" like last year. We have additional experience in planning and administration: Jeff Cramblit has agreed to serve as Range Master.

Aaron Hampton and the US AMU plan to keep ALL the things you loved about the match and fix all the glitches. Applications will be available after May 15th. I will provide a link on this forum.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 AMU 3 Gun Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

w00t! I really wanna' be there this year.

Glad to hear you are making it a regular thang!

count me in, if you shot it last year do you 1st shot at getting in ?

count me in, if you shot it last year do you 1st shot at getting in ?

Applications (once available) will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. I will go by postmark dates, so that anyone using US Mail from distant locations is not tempted to use Express, Priority or Overnight services. However, We plan to offer a discount to those who participated last year.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

All, Glad to be a part of what I know is going to be a great match and hope to make it one of the best of the year. We are pulling from lots of experienced shooters and history to ensure all have a great time.

I don't know about their choice of RM. That's the best you could do? On the other hand, Nobody and I mean NOBODY falls down and shoots at the same time better than Jeff. It will probably be required on every stage this year.

Count me in. Any chance of a Heavy Metal Division?

Thanks, Kelly, I'll try to live up to your high expectations, Heavy Metal is being considered so cross your fingers and say nice things about the Army.

Edited by benelli2

We will recognize 4 divisions: Open, Tactical Irons, Tactical Optics, and Heavy Metal. The match rules are posted at Ft. Benning 3 Gun Match website. The application will be up by midnight May 14.

Please be patient -- the site is still under construction. My full time job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Fort Benning 3 Gun Match Statistician

Anyone who is active duty & gets deployed will get a full refund. The same for military reservists who are activated or National gaurdsmen. Service does not have to be out of country. Domestic service counts (I think we all remember Katrina).

On a similar note, as a rule, I will not "save places" for anyone who calls or emails. It is simply not fair to everyone else in the match. HOWEVER, I will make an exception for active duty military personnel or reservists who are out-of-country and cannot get me a check. In that case, I will hold slots, but they need to email me the application info.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Edited by LChico

December huh? Sounds like a good time - 3 guns ? Ok I'm a' waitn for the app to go live!

Not to divert the thread but...........Just a note on scoring-as it relates to time plus-IF you do straight time plus scoring all the stages should be equal in the time it should take to complete the stage (on average-whatever that means)-Otherwise really long stages (like maybe long range rifle stages) are weighted too much (unless that is the MD's intention). Other solutions are Kyle's method which weights each individual stage the same ie-each stage is worth X ammount of points and each stage is pro-rated time or hit factor -it doesn't matter. Anyways I'm sure the match will be fun regardless of scoring method-hell- you get to shoot 3 guns!!!!!!!

December huh? Sounds like a good time - 3 guns ? Ok I'm a' waitn for the app to go live!

Not to divert the thread but...........Just a note on scoring-as it relates to time plus-IF you do straight time plus scoring all the stages should be equal in the time it should take to complete the stage (on average-whatever that means)-Otherwise really long stages (like maybe long range rifle stages) are weighted too much (unless that is the MD's intention). Other solutions are Kyle's method which weights each individual stage the same ie-each stage is worth X ammount of points and each stage is pro-rated time or hit factor -it doesn't matter. Anyways I'm sure the match will be fun regardless of scoring method-hell- you get to shoot 3 guns!!!!!!!

Thanks to Jeff Cramblit's suggestion, all stages are 200 points (like Kyle's X points) and will be pro-rated (hit factored) based on stage winner per division to get stage points. Then stage points are added for match winner in every division.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Mach Fee?

Ronnie

$145 (but $25 discount if you shot it last year)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I think we have pulled together the best rules, scoring, and everything else we can think of so far to put this match on the "Must Shoot" list, but keep asking the questions it can only make it better, get the apps in fast, it's going to fill fast. See you all before we know it

Jeff

On behalf of the entire Army Marksmanship Unit, we are extremely proud to have Linda and Jeff on board with us! While outlining the stages today over lunch, it was abundantly clear that this year’s match is going to far surpass our inaugural effort.

Oh and another thing, Linda is THE Grand Master of stats!! (And everthing else that goes into holding a match :) )

Travis Tomasie

U.S. ARMY