Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tungsten Guide Rod For Limited Gun?

f250sd

I'm trying to decide to put a tungsten guide rod on my Limited para frame gun or not. I know the extra weight will help with muzzle flip, but I don't want to make it feel sluggish on transitions either. How many of you guys shoot with tungsten FLGR's?

Thanks.

i think its a good idea. it does reduce muzzle flip and i can't feel any difference in transitions. the gun never feels sluggish. the additional weight is such a small percentage of the gun's overall weight that it is not likely to produce obvious changes in transitions. but having that extra weight at the end of the gun helps to keep that muzzle down.

I'm trying to decide to put a tungsten guide rod on my Limited para frame gun or not.

Absolutely! Plus they're easy to fit and you can always go back to the old one if you don't like it.

I like them, but for some odd reason I broke 2 of them within 2 weeks. One was very old and snapped in the middle by the drilled take down hole, the other broke at the screw on head assembly. Very odd I'm sure, but I generally can break just about anything...

I have had one in my SS ten years this year.

No problems, but I do not shoot it on a regular basis either.

Since there is still more muzzle flip than I like,

I don't think I'd have a Limited gun without one! ;)

FM

I've had a tungsten Sprinco in my Para .40 for a looong time, and I'm very happy with it.

Its not like a night and day difference, but its a little help.

Its what Para shooters do since we don't have the extended dust cover.

In the FWIW catagory,,,,

I also like the heavier guide rod. I wouldn't do without it.

Just for giggles, I tried a heavier Dawson magazine well in place of my light aluminum Clark brand set up. I had heard that the extra weight helped even more with recoil impulse. So, I tried it and I felt with that additional weight, I felt it was too heavy. I shot the WI sectional with that set up, and after the match I took the heavier magazine well off.

I did like the Dawson ice mag well, so I ordered the ice magazine well in the aluminum configuration.

This I LIKE.