Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, Will you update the positions as Kim hands them out? Thanks, Old John

Kim has asked that I make the position in the waitlist available on the report on your classification record, and I have just done so.

There is no longer any need to email or call USPSA staff for this information.

Rob

Once Kim offers a slot, the member's waitlist status changes from "Waiting" to offered.

The count you see on the web is the number of individuals who have not yet been offered a slot who are ahead of you in line (ie, the number of persons on the waitlist for that match who still have a status of "Waiting" rather than "Offered" in their Waitlist record).

The report on the classification page is a real time peek at the database. The instant Kim offers another slot, everyone's place number in that match changes.

Rob

Once Kim offers a slot, the member's waitlist status changes from "Waiting" to offered.

The count you see on the web is the number of individuals who have not yet been offered a slot (ie, the number of persons on the waitlist for that match who still have a status of "Waiting" rather than "Offered" in their Waitlist record).

The report on the classification page is a real time peek at the database. The instant Kim offers another slot, everyone's place number in that match changes.

Rob

Rob and Kim,

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this process and keeping us informed. I will keep my fingers crossed.

There are 1 people ahead of you on the waiting list for the OPENPROD nationals who had not yet been offered a slot.

Fred and I may get to go to the Open Nats one more time! WooHoo! :D

Yesterday I invited a load of people on the wait list to the L/L10/Rev Nationals. I've received reports that some people did not receive the email notifying them that they've been awarded a slot. There could be several factors for this, including finicky servers blocking the mailing, mistyped email addresses, misalignment of the planets or just general bad luck -- among other things.

To be on the safe side, please be sure to check your classification record regularly to make sure your name isn't up on the list. You've only 48 hrs to lay claim to it once the invitation is sent out and we can't be held responsible for email foibles. We don't want you to miss your chance if you want to go, so check back regularly.

Thanks!

Kim :)

I am going to the Limited natonals!! :D Now if I could get a slot to Open I'd be one happy happy camper. But hey, I'm lucky to get to go to any since I fell asleep and didn't get on the waiting list till 8am the next day. I'll take what I can get!

Now I gotta find my mojo... :blink:

Is there a match hotel?

Edited by Hey QuicksDraw!

I got my confirmation packet for the L/L10 Nationals.

Missing was the usual itenerary (match schedule, dates), golf cart info, match hotel, etc.

Just me? :blink:

My packet was pretty slim pickins too. All I got were some order forms for shirts and stuff. Hardly worth the cost of postage and envelope.

But my entry was to the Revolver Nationals... ;)

About a week later I got an information packet about Tulsa...

I'm talking about the info packet that needed to be back by May 12. Do we get any final confirmation back that everything is good to go?

Cjblackmon: I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. Are you talking about a wait list slot or a slot obtained through other means? If you can clarify what it is you're waiting for then I can help.

Renee: All that information didn't go in the confirmation packets because it's available on the web. The left sidebar has the schedule, there is no match hotel and golf cart information has been posted in the announcements section in the middle. We're trying to cut down on the number of pieces of paper we have to throw in those packets by updating the web frequently with that info. It's a more cost-effective and timely way to get the goods out.

Edited by Kimberley

Cjblackmon: I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. Are you talking about a wait list slot or a slot obtained through other means? If you can clarify what it is you're waiting for then I can help.

I just wanted to make sure that you recieved my "Invitation To Compete" form back. I recieved mine pretty close to the May 12th due date (was at Area 6) and sent it right back out when I got home.

Edited by Cjblackmon

I just wanted to make sure that you recieved my "Invitation To Compete" form back. I recieved mine pretty close to the May 12th due date (was at Area 6) and sent it right back out when I got home.

Yes, slot #215 was recvd on the 12th. It just barely made it in under the wire. You should be getting a confirmation packet shortly.

Kim

Yes, slot #215 was recvd on the 12th. It just barely made it in under the wire. You should be getting a confirmation packet shortly.

Kim

I thought it might be cutting it close. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Cjblackmon

Kim,

Will there be something on the website to indicate who you have received paperwork back from. I would hate to wait until Sept. only to find out you didn't get it on time.

Thanks for everything ahead of time. I know your workload will only increase as time goes by.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You should receive a confirmation packet after sending in your slot. I've been trying to make sure they go out on a regular basis rather than waiting for a mess of slots to come in and then send them out in bulk. So, if you sent in your slot a while ago and never received a confirmation packet, I'd call, email, or PM to make sure we received your paperwork okay.

Having said that, that doesn't mean you should call five minutes after your slot hits the bottom of the mailbox in a fit of paranoid compulsion. Give it a decent amount of time to get here, get processed, and get a packet back to you. During this busy time we are inundated with calls/emails so ...we appreciate it. :)

Thanks!

Kim

Kim,

Rather than call and bother you, I have slot no. 280.

I did receive a packet that I signed in all the flagged places, and filled out the squadding sheet. Sent the paperwork back in the day after I received it. Should I be expecting anything else?

I will wait a few days before I call, and see if anything arrives, or you send me the all panic email.

By the way, I am also the guy who emailed the other day about RO's and CRO's for our facility. I think you passed my email along to T. McManus.

Thanks for both,

Jim

Edited by aerosigns

Jim: I got your slot and you're okay. Your confirmation packet should be there any day now. Glad to help on both accounts. Hope we can get your company hooked up.

Jamie: Yes, you are likely to get a slot. I'll be doing the next distribution on Monday or Tuesday, depending on what Monday looks like. Don't worry though, I'll give you a warning call before I pass you up on the list. You can claim your slot online at anytime after you've been invited, so if you have a laptop and computer access, you should get an email from me or you can check your membership record to see if the invite is there. If you won't have computer access you can give me a call some time next week if you're able and I can take care of processing you over the phone. Either way we'll figure something out.

Have a good weekend!

:) Kim

• 2 weeks later...