Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think they mentioned that they already have some returned slots. But you're right. There could be a long wait until we find out if we have a slot.

It would be nice to see a report (membership number, time) so we could see where we all were in the waitlist.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open/PD "earned" slots don't have to be back until June 9th, so after the first batch of returned-by-sections slots goes out for that, there will probably be a long delay while people like me sit on theirs.

:huh: SIT! :o Ther is No sitting In IPSC ... Oh thats Crying =NO crying in IPSC...thats it.

You gotta go Big Brown Dog said He would go with me If I got a slot. I got on the List -so you gotta go.

B)

So are we cool since we got on before the crash???

There was no crash. I took the system down for about 10 minutes.

There was NO loss of data.

I left the "test mode" flag enabled in the code, so the first 92 signups did not have the $20 wait fee charged to their card - although the system went through the "validate card number" process it did not submit the charge.

What it means is this:

1. If you signed up before I fixed this, you ARE ON THE LIST.

2. If your card was not charged the $20 fee, you obviously don't have a $20 credit towards your slot.

3. No, don't bother contacting Sedro to pay the $20 waitlist fee - your waiting list spot will be honored.

I left the "test mode" flag enabled in the code, so the first 92 signups did not have the $20 wait fee charged to their card - although the system went through the "validate card number" process it did not submit the charge.

It actually says this on the classification page...

"You have been waiting for a slot to the nationals since 5/01/06. Since the system did not charge your card for the $20 waitlist fee, you will not have the $20 credit when you sign up for the match. Although the system prompted for your credit card number when you signed up, the system was not configured to process an actual charge at the time you signed up."

Pretty slick, Rob. Thanks

Holy carp, there's a lot of questions here. I'm going to try to answer some of them, but I'm not going to bother trying to do the quote thing because my head will explode and this post will be a tangled mess.

1) Last year 169 entries showed up on my Open/Ltd10 wait list and 8 people from that list were not offered slots. I believe 3 of those 8 showed up to wait for a walk-on role at the door. The number for the LPR match was much higher. 190 entries and 57 people from that wait list were not contacted for a slot. I believe 7 or 8 showed up at that match for a slot at the door, if memory serves. All of the "door people" eventually got in, but it was *very* touch and go.

2) If you're on the wait list and someone you wish to squad with already has a slot, no worries. Once you're offered a slot all you have to do is make your squad request as usual. I won't do squadding until just prior to the match(es) so it won't make any difference whether or not your friend is already registered or not.

3) I've had a handful of slots returned from clubs/sections/individuals who have already determined they won't be able to make the match. And by 'handful" I mean a dozen of each. Those slots will be redistributed immediately, starting today. As previously stated by others here, the bulk of the reallocations will come once the slot deadlines have passed. Any slots still floating around out there and not returned to HQ will be voided and reissued to you guys on the wait list.

Hope that helps a bit!

Kim :)

You Have paid your registration fee for the OPENPROD nationals on 5/01/06, and are registered for that match unless you have contacted USPSA HQ to withdraw. :D:D:D

I can't wait!!!

I don't know Walt...it all smells fishy to me! :P

Just posted the first dozen returns for each of the two matches. Check your membership record and if it's you, you can pay for them online and I'll send you a prepaid and completed slot via snail mail. All you'll need to do is sign the "Participation and Release Agreement" at the bottom, return it and you're in. You won't even have to talk to me -- the process can be totally automated and quick this year. Please note that you're not OFFICIALLY in the match until I get that agreement back, so if you're lucky enough to get a slot, turn that paperwork right back around. I'll even provide a prepaid and self-addressed envelope.

Of course, once you get the notice that a slot is available for you, you're certainly welcome to call and finish the process over the phone if you'd prefer.

Kim

I don't know Walt...it all smells fishy to me! :P

Just posted the first dozen returns for each of the two matches. Check your membership record and if it's you, you can pay for them online and I'll send you a prepaid and completed slot via snail mail. All you'll need to do is sign the "Participation and Release Agreement" at the bottom, return it and you're in. You won't even have to talk to me -- the process can be totally automated and quick this year. Please note that you're not OFFICIALLY in the match until I get that agreement back, so if you're lucky enough to get a slot, turn that paperwork right back around. I'll even provide a prepaid and self-addressed envelope.

Of course, once you get the notice that a slot is available for you, you're certainly welcome to call and finish the process over the phone if you'd prefer.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Any idea how many are on each list at this time? Itching to support the airlines fuel tax. Thanks for helping us while under pressure! Old John

Also. Rob says I should mention: you only have 48 hours to claim your slot once you have been notified. If you don't, you will be passed by like so many purple-haired old ladies on the highway.

Thanks!

Kim ;)

Also. Rob says I should mention: you only have 48 hours to claim your slot once you have been notified. If you don't, you will be passed by like so many purple-haired old ladies on the highway.

Thanks!

Kim ;)

Can we find out where we are on the list?

Thanks Matt

Just talked to Kim and she's mailing me slot # 326 B) . Should give you a guess as to how many are left.

*^~! Slow computer I gess I will have to wait ...and wait :( and the match starts on my birthday :o:( Thats ok I will be alright don't worry about me...I will just stay home and play with my dog in the backyard... dig for some worms :(

Also. also. also. Slot numbers mean absolutely nothing. I could have awarded slot number 1 to Joe Johnson of Greenbluff, Alahooter back in February and due to a bad case of gout he can no longer attend. So, being an honorable man he returned the slot to me for redistribution.

It's irrelevant.

I need a drink. or six. :wacko:

Kim

PS: Old John and Matt, if you'll PM or email me with which match and your full name I can tell you where you landed on the list. That will give you an idea of whether or not you're looking at getting one from this first batch or if you'll be waiting for the deadlines to come and go.

Edited by Kimberley

Also. also. also. Slot numbers mean absolutely nothing. I could have awarded slot number 1 to Joe Johnson of Greenbluff, Alahooter back in February and due to a bad case of gout he can no longer attend. So, being an honorable man he returned the slot to me for redistribution.

It's irrelevant.

I need a drink. or six. :wacko:

Kim

:) A Margarita on the River Walk my dear? ;)

;) Alamo B)

Just checked my classification page and I got a slot.... YES !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am elated, I couldn't sleep last night wondering if I was going to get in... Oklahoma here I come.... :D

I hope everyone here gets to do their match also...

All I care about was that my email said -

You are being offered a slot to the 2006 LTDL10REV national championship.

I don't care how or why, but I love all of you at Sedro right now. :wub:

Watch out for the Revo SquadS this year! My first nationals here I come.

Jim

The system automagically kicks out an email when Kim changes your status in the database, but you'll only get it if you entered your email address correctly, you spam filter does not block it, and nothing glitcvhes in the delivery.

Checking the classification record is the most reliable way of verifying your status on the list and email is a less than perfect delivery mechanism.