Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tatoos are good and cool when you are 30 or even 40, but somehow loose all that goodness and coolness when you reach 50 and beyond....think about it first, then again, then again...kind of like carpentry, measure three times before you cut.. :D

So, the guy didn't ask what your opinion of getting a tattoo was... just how it'd look when hair grew back over it...

BTW - I've seen a lot of ink on folks older than 50 that looks great. Proper care is key, as is selection of something that isn't some impulse design that you'll later consider vulgar or otherwise unsavory... ;) They don't have to look like purple-black blobs twenty years later...

Alright Dave.....

It will probably look like crap when he gets tired of shaving it and lets the hair grow to obscure the original design....that is when they start wondering how to get them off.... :lol:

Remember, think thrice, tattoo once..... :P

With the new Inks that they have the Tatoos end up lasting longer and looking better. Give Jamie Craig a call at Point Blank Tatoo in Hutchinson KS. He can fill you in. ;)

Ivan

i've seen jamie's legs/arms...but he ain't that hairy. i almost got one when i got out of boot amp in 71...stood in line in s.d. waiting to get the obligatory "usmc bulldog"...decided at that point what if the crotch was not good. anyway, 35 years later...here i am. still think a BAC reticle would look cool...besides, most of the tatoos i see i have no idea wtf they're supposed to be, so why not a reticle?

Butch,

You'll be fine. For you, either on your calf or your arm and maybe even your forearm would be best. One things for sure....you're hairy. :lol:

I'm about half way done with my sleeves and have a theme for finishing my right leg out. Just gotta get the funds now.

I won't go into the beliefs of tattoos but if you want one get one. There are more than a few good places in Sac to get it done. Right off the top of my head, Old Tyme Tattoo on 28th is a good shop. As for Whitey! My guy is in Fairfield, but Whitey is a Sac legend. Tell him "Arnie" sent you.

Good luck and have fun with it and let your imagination go crazy.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Hair over them makes 'em look like shit. Either keep yourself shaved, or put it where there's not much hair!

Definitely DO draw it on with a sharpie, specially if it's going to be someplace YOU CAN SEE it :) Just trust me :wub:

And yes, once you get one, you'll end up with more. Tats open up a whole new world even valley girls like me can be included into :ph34r:

tatoos are good and cool when you are 30 or even 40, but somehow loose all that goodness and coolness when you reach 50 and beyond....think about it first, then again, then again...kind of like carpentry, measure three times before you cut.. :D

I don't know about that ---- Carol got her first one in her late fifties, the second for her 60th birthday. They still look good......

Kim's the man! First off, I don't care how bad a day that you've had shooting. Hang out with him for 10 minutes, and you'll be rolling! I miss him and all the folks at Norco!

Back on topic. He's got a TON of ink work, and is one of the few people, myself included, that truly takes care of the ink. When he's at the range, he's regularly applying sunblock to help with maintaining the quality of the artwork he has.

As for spending money on tattooes vs. "art". For some of us, tattooes are works of art and the varying skin tones, colors and textures add to the beauty. I love the work that I've had done, and will much, much more before I'm over.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK