Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was told that I should try to go on the waiting list at the end of the month and see if I can get on for the Nationals. Can anyone tell me exactly how this works?

The waiting list will open on May 1st at 12:01 am. You will go to the USPSA website and goto the waiting list. You will enter your info and CC number, they will charge you $20 for your spot on the list. The $20 will come off the price of the slot. You wait. That's it.

Just to clarify, Rob has decided to activate the wait list at midnight on the 30th of April, EST. That way it will officially open on May 1st, and not May 2nd. I know I told some of you midnight on the 1st, so I wanted to be sure to correct that.

The link to get on the list will be in the member's area of the website at that time. Just click on it, fill in the form, pay your $20 and go from there. As mentioned earlier, if you are offered a slot the $20 will come off the entry fee. If you're not offered a slot, the $20 will be refunded. If you're offered a slot and you decline, the $20 is forfeited.

I hope to start processing the list immediately after it opens.

Kim

Just to clarify, Rob has decided to activate the wait list at midnight on the 30th of April, EST. That way it will officially open on May 1st, and not May 2nd. I know I told some of you midnight on the 1st, so I wanted to be sure to correct that.

The link to get on the list will be in the member's area of the website at that time. Just click on it, fill in the form, pay your $20 and go from there. As mentioned earlier, if you are offered a slot the $20 will come off the entry fee. If you're not offered a slot, the $20 will be refunded. If you're offered a slot and you decline, the $20 is forfeited.

I hope to start processing the list immediately after it opens.

Kim

Kim,

So he'll "Activate" the wait list on the 29th to be ready for us to sign on to the wait list on the 30th? Am I getting that right? How long does it take to find out whether you made it?

Chad

I'm pretty sure that Kim means that the wait list link will become availablea t midnight on the 30th (Sunday Night as it changes to Monday morning). :)

That's right. It'll be activated at midnight on the 30th, which is officially the 1st of May.

You should know whether you have a slot fairly early. I expect to be able to do pretty quick turnaround this year. I have some slots returned already by a few sections with no takers so those will be handed out almost immediately to those who get on the list first. Really, it all depends on when you sign up, how far down the list you are and when I get more slots available for distribution. Until the deadlines though it will be pretty much a trickle. Once the deadlines come and go I'll void all slots not returned and then redistribute them to the wait list.

The deadlines for each match are listed on the Nationals page, along with other match information.

As a side note, we will NOT be using self squadding this year. I didn't like the way it turned out last year and I prefer to just do it on my living room floor over the weekend like the 4 years prior to last. Self squadding is a wonderful concept, but it just doesn't work for the Nationals. So, if you have a slot please indicate who you'd like to squad with versus writing, "I'll self squad" on the form. If you've already returned your slot with that on it, and a few have, please drop me an email at: kim@uspsa.org indicating who you wish me to put you with. And if, by chance, you are still holding a slot in your hand please get it in right away. The deadlines are coming up fast and once they pass, your slot is void and cannot be retrieved. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be turning them around pretty fast after the deadlines to those on the wait list, so don't delay!

Hope this helps! :)

Kim

There are a couple of more changes this year:

#1: Once Kim invites you to a nationals, a notice will appear at the top of your classification page while the invite remains in effect. This will generally occur before the phone call from Kim. If Kim has 10 slots to issue invites for, she'll mark them in the system and then start making phone calls. This means that you may see your invitation before Kim calls you.

#2: Once your invite is posted to your classification page, you will have a link which may be used to buy your nationals slot. This link will work only for your member number for the specific nationals to which you are being invited. You will still have the option of giving the credit card # to USPSA by phone. On-line signup is another choice, not a requirement.

How you can help USPSA:

(and everyone wants to help USPSA, right?)

Kim has a boatload of phone calls to make during the nationals slot waitlist processing. If you see you are being offered a slot, and buy it on-line immediately (ie, before Kim calls you) you can save her a bit of time, and help the process move faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, extremely stupid question.... I've looked around for an answer, and am not finding it - and am trying to avoid bugging Kim while she's busy (but will, if I end up needing to)...

I have in my hands an "earned slot" for the Open/Prod nats. Do I understand correctly that I can call USPSA and pay the $250 entry via credit card, instead of having to send a check? Or is that only for wait list slots??

Here's my recommendation so you won't be caught short when you are trying to get your app in fast:

Get logged into the members area on the USPSA site... by whatever means you need to use...

THEN, go to your profile and set a pin number that you can remember easily (and write it down).

That way, you won't have to worry about whether the PIN# on the latest Front Sight for you has changed or anything.

Edited by cautery

Ok, extremely stupid question.... I've looked around for an answer, and am not finding it - and am trying to avoid bugging Kim while she's busy (but will, if I end up needing to)...

I have in my hands an "earned slot" for the Open/Prod nats. Do I understand correctly that I can call USPSA and pay the $250 entry via credit card, instead of having to send a check? Or is that only for wait list slots??

They have taken my card over the phone for severals different types of purchases (hard goods, memberships, etc.). I can't believe they wouldn't accept your card to pay for your slot.

<_< Show off :P

Here's my recommendation so you won't be caught short when you are trying to get your app in fast:

Get logged into the members area on the USPSA site... by whatever means you need to use...

THEN, go to your profile and set a pin number that you can remember easily (and write it down).

That way, you won't have to worry about whether the PIN# on the latest Front Sight for you has changed or anything.

Thanks ...form a small, no slot dog :huh:

Hi guys!

Dave -- you may call me up and pay for your slot with a CC. That's fine. However, I will still need the original slot with signature in office. Paying by CC over the phone will just buy you a little time if you don't think your slot will get there by the deadline.

Jamie -- you will need your PIN in order to get on the wait list. You can also do as Clay suggested and configure a personal access password, if you can manage it somehow. Let me know if you can't get in to set one up and we'll figure something out.

Kim

Just got my new Front Sight today, so there's a good chance that you will gets yours by the end of the week, if not already.

Once you have the pin then you can change the password to something more easily remembered.

Ya know, I should have waited 1 day before posting that, my FS was in the mail today too !

Thanks, I should be all set now.

A question for Kimberly (or anyone else who can answer it):

My dad would like a nationals slot, but he doesn't have internet access. Would I be able to sign him up on the Waiting List? Can I do so using my account and his USPSA number, or do I need an access code for him as well?

As I recall last year it was possible to sign up more than one person at one time... I don't remember access codes being required, but then my memory may be failing me.

Thanks,

Elye A.

I have been reading this thread with great interest... got my magazine, pin and sign in all ready to go.... then I got an email last night that 2 open slots are on their way - wooohoooo. I was not thrilled about having to stay up until midnight on the 30th as I have an 8am job interview on the first. Can you imagine... geez Kathy - why are you yawning all through the interview... well I had to stay up late to get my name on the wait list for the nationals. What's the nationals.... :)

I have been reading this thread with great interest... got my magazine, pin and sign in all ready to go.... then I got an email last night that 2 open slots are on their way - wooohoooo. I was not thrilled about having to stay up until midnight on the 30th as I have an 8am job interview on the first. Can you imagine... geez Kathy - why are you yawning all through the interview... well I had to stay up late to get my name on the wait list for the nationals. What's the nationals.... :)

<_< Show off :P

B)