Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belts For Ipsc, Uspsa

xd40shooter

The CR Speed is what I use now, it is nice. When I was starting out, I tried using a Safariland to save some bucks. It is for sale in the classifieds now. I don't think it hindered me, but the CR speed is solid and does not move. I even use the versa pouches now as well.

I just got my CR Speed a couple of weeks ago. I kept my safariland to my single stack rig where the weight and placement of the mags won't affect the belt that much. I'm not sure how many times my mags fell out last yr during a course of fire. Only thing thats happened with the CR speed belt this is mags falling out while I'm walking with the RO checking pts after a stage. Nothing to do with the belt, just a failure to put then all the way back in after shooting.

Flyin40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting the CR SpeedBelt for shooting Production/L10 is USPSA, but I would like to know if it's possible to use just the outer belt alone for IDPA, assuming it will fit thru the belt loops on your basic jeans/cargo pants.

Bruce

I was thinking of getting the CR SpeedBelt for shooting Production/L10 is USPSA, but I would like to know if it's possible to use just the outer belt alone for IDPA, assuming it will fit thru the belt loops on your basic jeans/cargo pants.

Bruce

It doesn't have a good fastening sytem when used alone. I have used the Safariland outer belt in that fashion though.

Bruce

It doesn't have a good fastening sytem when used alone. I have used the Safariland outer belt in that fashion though.

Thanks Flex. I shoot Production or L10 using CCW type gear, so it might be cheaper to look at the 'instuctor' type belts. Plus I'm pretty sure it would legal for IDPA too.

Bruce

I was wondering what type of belt would work best for competition? I have thought of using my 2" Bianchi Duty belt, but I see a lot of CR Speed belts... Which would be the best for comp or it there others I need to consider?

Definitely CR Speed