Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45 Acp Plated Bullet Prices

aerosigns

OK whoa up on the Midway deal. :(

They will notify you about two weeks early. But you can obviously tell them any date for a birthday.

They give you a code and everything Midway carries will then show a special birthday price, which is good depending on what you wanted to buy.

The bad parts - I found that their price for the Ranier bullets was only a few cents cheaper than Cabelas, but Midway then wants to charge 18.75 shipping. Cabelas only charges 9.75. So the Midway bullets are no bargain.

So I thought well I will just buy all the other little odds and ends that I needed. But Midway then tacks on a 3.00 fee for orders under 25.00 which wiped on the special deal, unless I wanted to buy more or stuff I didn't actually want in the first place. So this is only worth it if you were planning on getting anything over 25.00 to begin with.

So the best bet if you are just looking for bullets is Cabelas any day of the week.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Irish,

You move to the lead on this one. B)

I checked Precisions website, and Yup! your right on 230 Gr. Rn for:

1K = 69.00 (S&H included).

That's not bad.

Jim

I just placed an order for 1K 230gr bullets from Precision. It shipped today via USPS Priority Mail, so I should get 'em by Friday. Precision is one of the lowest priced bullets out there, second only to MasterBlasters Poly-M bullets. They have 225gr bullets for $66.95 shipped.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

Thought I'd bump this back to the top in an effort to find the best prices again. I am down pretty low on my plated bullets and need to order some more.

The best I know of right now is at Midway for 100/K shipped. (if they are in stock)

Any info you have will be great.

Thanks,

41mag

Cabela's has Rainiers for $46/500 plus shipping: Rainiers at Cabelás

Thank you kind sir,

I bought ten K from Cabelas last time I got Raniers, they have went up 20 bucks per thousand since then. Still the best deal I know of on plated.

I see a new division on the horizon, .22 cal ;) .

41mag

Cabela's has Rainiers for $46/500 plus shipping: Rainiers at Cabelás

Thank you kind sir,

I bought ten K from Cabelas last time I got Raniers, they have went up 20 bucks per thousand since then. Still the best deal I know of on plated.

I see a new division on the horizon, .22 cal ;) .

41mag

"I see a new division on the horizon, .22 cal" wink.gif

Not that there is anything wrong with that

If you're shopping Cabela's be sure to use their Club card. You get 5% of the total purchase to be used to purchase goods from them in the future.

Right now they are running a special IIRC 3X the normal points, so a 15% discount so to speak. Also their shipping maxes out on $$$ spent. So shipping on 3K .45 was $10 or $12.

I just noticed that Cabelas has free shipping if you buy with a gift card or certificate. Seems to me that you could just get yourself an e-mail gift certificate for whatever amount and then use that to buy the ammo. It saves about $17 if you buy at or above the $250 ceiling.

Hey I just got my birthday present from Midway.

With the discount I can get Raniers for just $90/K plus shipping.

I think it's time to make a run through the companies again to find a good bullet store.

I have been using Bear Creek Moly's for the last 3500 rounds, but now I'm getting low. Only problem is now I can't find Bear Creeks website anymore. <_<