Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Redi-mag Is Most Popular?and Why?

bladewurk

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know if mine is the quicker detach or not (I think it is the slow detach) but I do have the extended bolt catch and I like it a lot. Without it, its a pain to use the bolt catch.

Overall I have been very happy with my redi-mag for the past year or so and will soon be putting it on my other ar-15's as well.

-David

I do not know if mine is the quicker detach or not (I think it is the slow detach) but I do have the extended bolt catch and I like it a lot. Without it, its a pain to use the bolt catch.

Overall I have been very happy with my redi-mag for the past year or so and will soon be putting it on my other ar-15's as well.

-David

Alright,finally someone responds.Now how about the mag catch? The new Redimags have a separate Mag catch for the spare mag,is this a good idea? Thank You!

I personally don't feel redi-mags are a good idea in the first place. JMHO.

Ditto, except as a mono-pod with a POS 40/45/50 round mag.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Dont like either one. Dont use either one

Me 2. 1 at a time, from the belt, toss the empties. Old school, works every time!

That said, were I to use one of these beasties, I would probably lean towards the new one with separate controls. Always thought that was a strange thing on the 'riginal. You can bet I would also want the QD option so's I could quick detach that suckah' if it ever screwed up on me ;-)

I have yet to see a reddi-mag holder that didn't drop the ready mag when it wasn't supposed to. Obviously Reddi-mag hadn't either as I now see they offer a holder with a SEPERATE mag catch so..... now you have to hit two catches to change magazines. Sounds slow to me, but then again it sure is slow loading from the belt, about 1 1/2 seconds, I think I would spend the money you were going to spend on a J.P. trigger, and then get bigger mags :D

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree - I have a RediMag on my 3-gun rifle and it delivers flat out the fastest and most fumble-free reloads possible. I have NEVER had a mag fall out when I didn't want it to, even though I apparently have the "old" mag catch. The great thing is that, with two 30 rounders in the rifle, I get a really rock solid monopod for prone shooting.

Having said the above, I would not have one on a rifle I had to carry a lot because it adds too much weight. However, for a pure match gun it is awesome.

I'd race against one any time. I'll bring my belt and holder and rifle and a few bullets :D All I can go by is watching a lot of the big dogs loose magazines time after time. I'm glad yours doesn't but I have seen Cooley's, Voigt's, Cook's and a host of others do it in the middle of a stage and then I bet you can't guess where the next mag comes from :lol: As for a solid mono pod I will defer to your knowledge as I have never run one. KURT

I think I would not put money on anyone against Kurt at this test.

I can do 1.9 to 1.8 shot to shot on demand nowadays and have pulled some 1.6's in practice when I'm warmed up and hit the mark. This is from the belt just like Kurt. I have a buddy that just reported in with some consistent on-demand 1.6's using cinched mags.

A little birdie tells me Kurt is gonna be right around 1.5 flat on demand and maybe a bit faster than that after a few warmup runs. Save your money, don't go to the show, don't you be a naughty eskimo ;-)

Tha's funny, I'm always 1.2 seconds faster than Benny so my mag changes are so fast they actually go back in time about -.2 seconds.

I like redi-mags better than Kurt does but I've decided I prefer the 2 clamped mags system.