Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21 Trigger Bar

sauza45

Hello Iam a new member and think this site has great info. My question is I just recieved my new trigger bar for the g21 and the number on the bar was 4256-1. I compared the bar to the old one and the only difference I can see is the sear that touches the striker is longer? Does anybody know why the change.

Glock had a little problem with the Striker setting off some less sensitive primers. They lenghtened it to get a little more run at the primer and it solved the problem

Thanks for the info

Edited by sauza45

Lawman, I would be very interested in knowing if you cn expand your answer a bit, since I've lost... confidence... in the Glock 21.

Do you have any idea when did Glock implement this change? Any other changes? Any way of knowing (for example serial number range) what Glocks are "fixed" and which ones still could have potential problems?

I looked at the three G21 trigger bars I have. They all are 4256, not a -1. Two had the long tab, one had a short tab. There was .035" difference in the bars. Interesting thing is the short tab bar is in my G21 with a reduced power striker spring and stock striker. I am yet to have a misfire after several thousand rounds. I have been using CCI primers.

The LAPD issue is a separate issue and last report I had, a fix is still pending.

I have yet to figure out the LAPD thing.

My take (which is likely way off base) is:

1. G21 always kinda sucked with regards to hitting primers hard enough to set them off.

2. The LAPD gun came with a "fix" for #1...which resulted in "other issues"

3. [is there a a fix for #2 out now ?]

I got my updated trigger bars last year around this time. If you do a search I posted regarding it in more depth at that time. Bottom line is that large pistol primers tend to be rather insensitive. The large surface area contributes in part. The other half is that there is a wide range in primer cup thickness. Some European ammo is very tough to set off. The longer trigger bar was just to get a bit more oomph. We run a few million rounds a year at my dept. and never had a problem. Until we got a lot of Win WB 45 ammo that we had numerous failures with. The same guns would have no problem with the Win Duty ammo, or any other brand of ammo we tried, just this one lot. I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it. You should always shoot any duty/carry ammo before trusting your life on it. If it goes bang when you try it, it should work for you.

Not only did Glock extend slightly the length of the bar that pulls on the firing pin, they also lengthened the tab that pushes up on the "drop safety" plunger/firing pin safety thing. (Can't seem to recall the exact name of that mushroom looking part.)

Itchy

• 9 months later...
Not only did Glock extend slightly the length of the bar that pulls on the firing pin, they also lengthened the tab that pushes up on the "drop safety" plunger/firing pin safety thing. (Can't seem to recall the exact name of that mushroom looking part.)

Itchy

Can someone provide an update on this situation? I'm considering a Glock 21 that is about a year old and want to know if I have anything to worry about.

Thanks,

-Cuz.