Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 20 Mags

MARKUSEJ

I have a glock 20 with a grip reduction from Jim shanahan(love it), that I am trying to set up for limited. I am shooting a Fedral Arms .40 barrel in this. What can I do get 20 rounds in the mag reliably. I have a Taylor basepad and I can only get 19 in, and boy is that tough. Is there a better way to go. Also what about guide rods/spring weight? I am currently running the stock set up, and it is reliable. But after tinkering with a Para, I just can't help and think I need to add some expensive doo-hickeys to get it better. B)

Sorry, I don't know what a grip reduction does to the mags but my only recommendation is to contact Beven Grams at Grams Engineering. He just put one of his +5 basepad kits on a g20 mag for me (I now have two) and they both RELIABLY hold 20 rounds each, 21 with one on the pipe. I shoot a G20 in limited also.

However, there is a chance he may not have any gen3 mag basepads left if that is what you have as I think I may have purchased his last one. He is in the middle of redesigning his basepads for the gen4 glaock mags as apparantly glock made some changes to the newer mags that causes his basepads not to work as flawlessly as the one I currently have on the gen3 mags

good luck

With Dawson pads, new tubes, and #6 followers I can only get 19 reloadable rounds in any of my mags. I can cram 20 in, but I doubt the gun would function due to all the pressure coming from the top round on the slide.

I only get 16 rounds with Glock +2 extensions.

I'm starting to think the only way to get 20 reloadable rounds is with pre-ban mag tubes, but I'm willing to try any basepad if I can get 20 rounds in there and the gun will still function. 19 rounds isn't a problem with the mags I'll be reloading to.

So far I've been too chicken to mess with the springs. I haven't really seen anything here discussing spring mods for post-ban mags.

Mark,

I shot the Glock 20 as a 40 S&W for 1 year in L10 then 2 years in LTD.

The Only Base pads and followers I would use are the Grams.

20 Rounds every time with 100% Reliability.

Grams sells the Base Pad Follower and Spring as a Kit.

I no Longer use the Glock for IPSC and have 2 used kits and 2 New still in the bag.

I'd be willing to sell them. I'll send a PM.

What COL and bullet are you shooting?

I had to use a COL of 1.176 and round nose bullets to get a malfunction free gun.

You will also want to change out the Ejector for a 40 Cal. or lengthen the original.

I can consistantly and reliably get 20 + 1 reloadable rounds in my new Glock 22 mags with stock followers and Arrendondo +5 basepads, and the springs that come with the basepad kit. Will these work in a G-20? Seems like an easy solution, but maybe I am missing something here? These work great on my G-35 with THE magwell. I did trim the top of the basepads a little, to give a little more slack between the basepads and the magwell. This has become my favorite Limited gun. 4 mags...80 reliable rounds of .40 S&W.

Larry

Ray,

It’s my understanding that Bevin aka Gram's Engineering isn’t planning on making magazine extensions for the G20/21 anytime soon. In the meantime Arredondo is and I would recommend using the Para P14/16 140 mm magazine spring from either ISMI (New Follower) or Wolff’s (Old style Follower). BTW, I'm using an OAL of 1.190 180 grain Montana Gold RSFP with 5.1 grains of 231 or n320. My barrel is a 10mm- 40 S&W KKM.

Edited by ryucasta

Raul, (aka ryucasta)

Check your sorces, you are miss-informed.

I have Grams Base pad kits for the Glock 20, 3rd generation mags or older. All other calibers are on backorder because of changes being made to the kits, to solve the reliability issues of the new 4th generation mags. The new kits will work with older mags as well. As soon as testing and production schedules are met, my website will show these items in stock.

Bevin,

My source is our mutual friend who is located in Burbank. It's my understanding that he tried to order some from your firm and he was informed that there was no ETA as to when they would be available. Also if memory serves me correctly the GE website at the time was showing them to be out of stock (As of today still out of stock refer to attachment for details). BTW, your base pads were my first choice for my G20 since Swede20 had recommended them so highly but due to lack of availability I went with Arredondo.

GramsWebsite10mm.pdf

Edited by ryucasta

Raul,

My website says "out of stock" for the reason that I can not supply kits for the 4th generation mags (this is what all of my calls are for). If someone calls about 3rd or 2nd generation 10mm mags, I can supply. Sorry you and your buddy can't seem to find what you are looking for. If you had called me, directly, I could have informed you of the right details, and set you up with a mag that runs 100%, and you could have saved some time searching for that spring and follower combination that you are running now.

Bevin,

My buddy as you so eloquently put it is Rene from Speed Shooters International. I believe that he does carry quite a few of your firearms accessories and that he has been doing business with your firm for several years.

It also my understanding that he spoke to someone from your firm to order the G20 Magazine Extensions since he was also out of stock at the time but he was told that there weren’t any available at the moment and that there was no ETA as to when they would be.

May I suggest that you might want to consider stating on your website what you have on this forum so that way anyone who might want to order a Glock Magazine extension from you would know what to expect.

BTW, the spring and followers and magazine extensions that I am running are working just fine and while I appreciate your kind offer I think that it would be best to pass on it since it seems that over the years every time you and I have any interaction we always end up agreeing to disagree.

Edited by ryucasta

Raul,

Yes, Speed Shooters is one of my distributors. Rene is very informed in the products that I make. He asked about my Glock base pad kits, and I informed him with the correct info. What he told you, and what you heard, then proceeded to relay to this forum, was miss information. That is what I corrected with my posts. If you feel our interactions have turned into a disagrement, it was not my intention. I am only trying to keep the info about my products, on this forum, true and to the point. At this point, I will agree.

Bevin,

I just have some simple questions (similar in concept to an RFI) for you that I hope you'll be able to answer and they are as follows:

A. Do you currently offer base pads/magazine extensions for Glock magazine tubes?

B. Which models and generations of Glock magazine tubes do you currently offer base pads/magazine extensions for?

C. Which models/generations of Glock magazine tubes do you currently not support?

D. Of those models/generations of Glock magazine tubes that you currently do not support which ones will you be offering a magazine extension/base pad for and when do you expect to have them generally available on the market?

Not trying to be argumentative here I would just like clarification on this part of your product line. BTW, these are the type of questions that I would ask of vendors such as IBM, Oracle and Fair Isaac's when my firm is interested in purchasing one their existing or planned solutions.

I ordered a base pad/spring from Arredondo and can say that I am now getting 20 rounds reliably and easily in my Glock 20 mags. I still cannot figure out exactly what TeamGE is trying to say. Oh well