Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Match In Thibodaux,la.

encoreman

:) Hi I Hope somebody hasn't already posted this, i did look. March 25-26 in Thibodaux,La. there will be the southern regional revolver championship. I didn't know about it until I saw the ad in Frontsight mag. I am not an ICORE member, but plan on joining. All you wheelers within earshot, this is supposed to be a good match. PM me and I'll give you info. Okay Haras& Bwana let's go. Mac :P

Okay Haras& Bwana let's go. Mac :P
OK...OK...Mac...maybe...since you started the thread, let me see what equipment changes I'd need.

OK you ICORE savvy guys. I've read the ICORE rules (short compared to USPSA) and I need to know a few things.

{I wouldn't want to go down there half cocked, pun intended}

SECTION 5 EQUIPMENT

Rule 3 "ICORE requires a holster that will securely hold your firearm. The holster must cover the trigger guard area."

Will a CR Speed Revolver holster work?

Rule 6B. "An optical sight including telescopic and red dot sights."

Can I safely assume that a red fiber optic front sight (SDM) is OK in Limited ( iron sights to the rear)?

If not, what about a gold dot front?

Rule 6C. "... or a rear sight that extends beyond or behind a factory manufactured sight's location.

Would a Weigand rear blade or Millet replacement sights be illegal?

See Weigand here:

http://www.jackweigand.com/smith_wesson_rear_blade.html

OK...OK...Mac...maybe...since you started the thread, let me see what equipment changes I'd need.

OK you ICORE savvy guys. I've read the ICORE rules (short compared to USPSA) and I need to know a few things.

SECTION 5 EQUIPMENT

Rule 3 "ICORE requires a holster that will securely hold your firearm. The holster must cover the trigger guard area."

Can I safely assume that a red fiber optic front sight (SDM) is OK in Limited ( iron sights to the rear)?

Rule 6C. "... or a rear sight that extends beyond or behind a factory manufactured sight's location.

See Weigand here:

Haras, Not real familiar with the CR Speed Holster but I do believe it covers the triggerguard area. If you cannot put your finger on the trigger while in the holster you are good to go.

Rule 6B refers to the sights that don't require you to line up the front and rear sights, the fiber optics are legal in limited (In My Humble Opinion)

Rule 6C. Even though the Weigand Sights just behnd the factory sights, they still extend beyond and would place you in Open. (In My Humble Opinion)

Hope this is helpful. Mybe Az Shooter can shed some light.

SECTION 5 EQUIPMENT

See Weigand here:

Haras, Not real familiar with the CR Speed Holster but I do believe it covers the triggerguard area. If you cannot put your finger on the trigger while in the holster you are good to go.

Rule 6B refers to the sights that don't require you to line up the front and rear sights, the fiber optics are legal in limited (In My Humble Opinion)

Rule 6C. Even though the Weigand Sights just behnd the factory sights, they still extend beyond and would place you in Open. (In My Humble Opinion)

Bubber, I got specifiic permission to shoot the Weigand at the IRC a few years ago. They seemed puzzled I asked, but, said to go ahead. I am shooting a Millet rear this year in limited.

SECTION 5 EQUIPMENT

See Weigand here:

And, I've shot a CR for the last 3 years

Bubber, I got specifiic permission to shoot the Weigand at the IRC a few years ago. They seemed puzzled I asked, but, said to go ahead. I am shooting a Millet rear this year in limited.

AZ Shooter answered an email and all this is Ok. All I have to worry about are those 170PF loads I use in IPSC. I'll have to see if I can come up with something softer.

Thanks guys, I might make to to Thibodaux yet. Looking for a roomy & ride now.

Haras , Did you purposely post at 6:10 because you have a 610 or is that just luck? I am pretty sure I'm going to match also. See Ya Mac
Good aren't I? (...that would never happen again without trying) Yeah, I sat here for a long time waiting for the exact time to roll around (... if he beleives that then it's time to sell that swamp land in Thibodaux...) Eh..hem, Oh are you still there. Caught me thinking out loud.

Hey, glad you can make it. If you don't already have a sqaud in mind ask Annette if you can squad with Hank and I. We plan to be there about 2-3pm Friday. I'll PM my cell number, give us a hollar. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa! That Icore stuff is something (have to slow down...have to slow down...slow down...slow).

We had a hell of a time, met a lot of great people, perfect weather, nice range, good food, got to see the "Great One" shoot, good hotel and will be back next year for more of the same.

Icore membership in Mississippi jumped 400% Saturday (from 1 to 5, whooee). Yep, we'll have an Icore demo in Byram next Sunday to see if we can whet some appetites. Two stages after the scheduled IPSC match is over. With any luck we will have a club in a couple of months. I suppose that will be the 1st ICORE club in Mississippi (like being first). May call it ..........Magnolia ICORE......any ideas out there?

For those of you not lucky enough to have gone, here is a link to scores and pictures.

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com/icor...olver-sched.htm

OK,

I know you guys are home.........

How'd ya'll do?

You talk any of them Cajuns into the MS Classic?

HOP

Edit to ask....

Did Elliot shoot a 8 shot or 6?

I know Tony normally shoot an 8.

Edited by hopalong

OK, I know you guys are home.........

How'd ya'll do?

You talk any of them Cajuns into the MS Classic?

HOP

Edit to ask....

Did Elliot shoot a 8 shot or 6?

I know Tony normally shoot an 8.

Neither of them shot a 6. I think I picked up a couple, not sure yet. Some of the people I talked to were coming already but are going to shoot a bottom feeder. :wacko:

See above post for pictures and score link.

Good to see MS represented. Hopefully some of those wheel-gunners will travel up north in May for a dose of what Team Magnolia can provide. :D:P

I noticed a lot of non-traditional wheel-gunners in this match. Could it be that some of them might want to try their hand at our dance?

We don't waltz here. You got to be able to do the two-step, rhumba, samba, and all the rest of those funky steps. :lol::P:D

You guys from down in the bayous bring it on! :P:D<_<

Elliot and Tony both shot 8 shooters. In fact, the top 4 limited guys had lots of holes in their cylinders.

Bill, Joe promises that next years match will be bigger and better. We are also working on getting Daniel a muzzle, unless you and Tim think he doesn't need one.

Edited by scooterj

OK Scooter, thanks for the INFO.

NOW.......You and Elliot, Tony, and some of you others.....stuff some Cotton in 2 of the cylider holes and make 6 shooters out of them and come to Jackson....actually Byram, Mississippi in May.....You will have plenty of Competition(compared to normal USPSA matches).

Sure wish it had not been scheduled the same as the TN 3-gun.......would have liked to see how well a junky worn out, old 625 would do against those fancy 8 shooters! ;);) Maybe next time.....and most likely in October. :)

HOP

Hop, I shot a 610 and came out 5th limited AND won HOA "6-shooter"!

There will be no cotton stuffing for me.

The bottom feeder has been calling my name and I need to try and get my money's worth of shooting out of it. Besides, that's the only way I can whoop up on Elliot.

Elliot and Tony both shot 8 shooters. In fact, the top 4 limited guys had lots of holes in their cylinders.

Bill, Joe promises that next years match will be bigger and better. We are also working on getting Daniel a muzzle, unless you and Tim think he doesn't need one.

Like a muzzle would work on me anyway, I'll just use sign language. :lol:

I'm happiest when I've got a good crew to shoot with that likes to play around too. You guys were great!!!

Hugs and kisses,

Daniel

Hold on now Bubber.....this one caught my attention. Are you saying that a Weigand replacement blade or a Millett rear sight would place the gun in Open division in ICORE????? Certainly you're joking.

If this is true, it would turn me off on ICORE for the same reason I got turned off on IDPA.

Hey Scooter, No problem with muzzle for DMH, we tend to overlook chemistry teachers. Boy they must be in a bind for teachers. LOL!! Hey we enjoyed it also. Daniel we too like to joke around when we shoot, if I wanted to be around a bunch of stuffed shirts, I can find them anywhere. I will see ya'll at Area 4 and Ms Classic. Mac

Hold on now Bubber.....this one caught my attention. Are you saying that a Weigand replacement blade or a Millett rear sight would place the gun in Open division in ICORE????? Certainly you're joking.

If this is true, it would turn me off on ICORE for the same reason I got turned off on IDPA.

Mike, I was going by what the rulebook stated,:6. A revolver must compete in the Open Division if it has one or more of the following modifications:

A. Compensating, venting, or metering ports of any kind.

B. An optical sight including telescopic and red dot sights.

C. A rib sight, a front sight that extends beyond the muzzle, or a rear sight that extends beyond or behind a factory manufactured sight's location.

But as Haras has been informed that the Weigand replacement sight does not extend beyond the factory sight's location. I don't believe the Millet sight were ever in question but the rib sights, not factory (like the Python), could not be used in limited class. Again this is just my take on the rules.

One good thing about the ICORE organization is that rule changes can be initiated from the members using the method covered in the rulebook. It still has to be apporved by the BOD and have good reasoning behind it.

Weigand and Millett are fine. If you haven't shot an ICORE match yet remember this mantra "Have to slow down...have to slow down...slow down...slow..."

If you are in doubt of any of the ICORE rules ask AZSHOOTER. He is THE MAN.

But as Haras has been informed that the Weigand replacement sight does not extend beyond the factory sight's location. I don't believe the Millet sight were ever in question but the rib sights, not factory (like the Python), could not be used in limited class. Again this is just my take on the rules.

One good thing about the ICORE organization is that rule changes can be initiated from the members using the method covered in the rulebook. It still has to be apporved by the BOD and have good reasoning behind it.

OK, Bubber, I got it. It's all good! :)

The Weigan and Millet are both allowed in limited class. There is hardly any difference between them and where the rear site would be from Smith. The problem becomes when someone mounts a site so far to the rear that it gives a distinct advantage in site radius. An example would be any of the above sites mounted past the standard mounting screw so that they hang of the back of the gun. Retapping a mount screw so that the site would be longer than normal would also put you into Open. Probably other things too but I think this will help clarify.