Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 3-5

2006 USPSA Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 3-5

Hosted by Moss Branch Shooting Range, Anniston, AL

Come on down. Nine stages of three gun. Open, Tactical, Limited recognized. Level III match pending. Prize table and trophies. Team and individual side matches. Match fee $125. ROs needed. ROs shoot free. Limited to 90 shooters on Sat, Sun. Limited slots available on Friday.

Looking for shooters. Looking for Sponsors. Let me know if you have any questions: Here, wmhearn@cableone.net, or cell (256) 283 7382.

Match Director

Mark Hearn

Edited by mhearn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just try to have a rifle that's zeroed, but i will be there, even if Ihave to shoot a enelli on the rifle stages,,kurt we need to talk about Greece, it should be a good warm up for this, or cool down if we are HOT

hop

looking forward to seeing you friday. glad to see that your not mad at me any more for the calls on the noshoots last year.maybe i can get some of them taken out.[just kidding] it's going to be wet friday,lots an lots of rain.

see yah!!!!!

kangaroo

Mark...............

Combo Stages???????

I just happen to have some left over from the Canceled Mississippi match(USPSA rule friendly) ;)

And remember, if you should happen to use them.....Stage designer gets automatic STAGE WIN!!! :D:D:D

let me know, you are welcome to them as it looks like NO Mississippi match anymore.

HOPALONG

Hop

We are interested in stages. Please send them. We are looking for ROs as well (ROs shoot free and we'll buy your lunch each day). Come join us and we'll let you run a stage of your own design. What a deal!

Hope you'll think about it.

Sorry to hear about Mississippi 3 Gun.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

Just to let you all know Mark and I have worked out a deal for me to do some more cooking for this match.

Food won't be covered by your match fee this time however, so bring a few bucks for lunch. I haven't worked out any kind of menu yet but it sould be similar to the AL section match. Maybe some nice warm chili to warm us up on the cold. I am also thinking about catfish and hushpuppies.

I look forward to serving you all again.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All,

Looks like this is going to be another great 3 gun for the year, Sponsorship and stages are already shaping up nicely. Kurt/ Benny/ trappr are you guys coming to fight it out at this one too?

Match is progressing nicely.

We're picking up some encouraging sponsorships: Glock and Saw Custom.

I've also been told that some other guys will be picking up the match as well and that the "checks in the mail" (Larue Targets, DPMS, and MSTN).

Things are looking good. More info when it comes in.

MHearn

Starting to look like a rich match, several AR-15s on the table, Glock pistol certificate, looks like the start to a good winter, Nov in Alabama @ Moss Branch, Dec @ Ft. Benning

• 2 weeks later...

We're up to three interested parties in the Heavy metal category. When we make five, we'll add it. If your interested in this area, let me know and get the applications in with a note that your interested.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

For Heavy Metal, we intend to use the same guidelines as at the USPSA 3 Gun Nationals

Heavy Metal

HEAVY METAL CATEGORY

Heavy Metal will be a category only of Limited Division. All ammunition must meet the major power factor floors for each firearm type. The following criteria has been established for firearms:

Pistol: .44 caliber minimum - magazines/cylinder may not be loaded with more than 8 rounds at start signal

Rifle: .308 caliber minimum - magazines may not be loaded with more than 20 rounds at start signal

Shotgun: 12 ga. minimum - Pump action only.

Special thanks to Springfield Armory for sponsoring the Heavy Metal Category. They have donated a 45 ACP XD pistol for the top shooter in this category.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

• 2 months later...

This match is almost set. Nov 3-5, 2006.

The stages are posted after being approved by USPSA. Vist the web site to get a peek:

http://www.uspsa-area6-3gun.org/

So, we have our Level III status.

The prize table will be the best we have ever had at our club thanks to some great sponsorships.

Come join us. There are still slots left.

Mark Hearn

Maybe it's me, but has anyone been able to pull up the stages yet?

Ronnie

Ronnie

The stages are saved in Microsoft PowerPoint 2003. If you don't have that program you can download a copy of PowerPoint viewer that will allow you to view the slides even if you don't have PowerPoint on your machine. Good luck.

Mark Hearn