Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Sv

splashdown

This time I'm serious. I picked up my new SV today. Definitely not a pimp gun. No polished flats or anything. I'm liking it so far. Worlds apart from the Glocks and Berettas I've been running.

SV1thumb.jpg SV2thumb.jpg

splashdown

Edited by splashdown

I'm calling you out... Is that an airsoft? My SV has a completely different finish on it and that finish looks exactly like the ones on the airsoft replicas. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

Pete

that was my first thought. but on closer inspection, its a real gun.

Nice looking blaster!

Here is a picture of an Airsoft from SV's website:

520_001B.jpg

vs. a real SV:

reloading0132.jpg

Now, look at the barrel on the top photo and you can see some sort of disclaimer. Now, look at the barrel on my gun and there is no disclaimer. Hence, this gun is an airsoft. Plus, look at the difference in the finish of both guns.

Pete

..... stamping on the rt side of the mag release....

The Stamping on the mag release is STI. This is one of STI's MIM releases.

Forgot to mention the lwr grip screws.

This is a finished grip from STI.

Kenny

Edited by MasterLefty

Jeez, tough crowd. The serial number is easily hiden with Ye Olde Photo Shoppe. I don't know anything about airsoft, but here's a couple more pics. You can see the .400 bore on one of these pics and I've left part of the SN this time. The barrel hood of mine reads: Schuemann Hybrid 40 S&W AET Danger Edhaust Ports Read Manual US Pat 5123325. This is, of course, a non-ported hybrid though.

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/SV3.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/SV4.jpg

I bought it off the classifieds here. It was put up by ScooterJ on behalf of the seller. It was advertized with a grey grip and trigger, but I got it my way, kinda like burger king.

I subtitled this "no joke" because a few weeks ago I posted "New SVI" and then linked to their website because they put some new pics up.

It is sort of ironic that I bought the magwell and base pads for the Glock about a month before landing this one. I still like that setup a lot and will likely shoot it through Area 1. I don't think I'll have the holster, mag pouches, tuned mags, and other various tweaks to the SV by then. Oh, and I have to make up a few loads and chrono the thing somewhere.

Edited by splashdown

Sweet gun man!!!! See what happens to the boy who cries wolf???

My wife cries wolf all the time and when she fell off her snowmobile and broke her wrist I told her to suck it up. She had to ride 20 miles back home with one hand and we went to the emergency room to find out it was broken. I really felt like a piece of crap. Kind of like how I feel now. LOL

Great blaster....

ENJOY!!!!

Pete