Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre-cut Grip Tape For Glocks? Does Any Make It?

Grinch

Just don't expect to get a good product or good service ;)

What happened? I've always had great luck working with Eric and his products. Fast response and quick shipping. The tape can be a little tricky to put on till you've done it a couple times. Let me know next time you're up and I can give you a hand.

Eric's tag line...

"High Prices, Lousy Products, Bad Service"

... just so no one thinks I was serious, I was just quoting the king of pre-cut tape... It is pretty good stuff.

:D

I prefer to cut my own for my 1911 and XD, $5 for Black Magic and I get about 15 grips, although it is not nearly as pretty as Eric's creations.

I've been using the rubber texture decal grips and have been pretty happy with them, couple of questions Erics product

Idea of how long they last? some sand paper type tape I've used in past has worn pretty quick and needed to be replaced after only a dozen or so range sessions. Same here???

Second I've removed the finger grooves on one of my-23's, will the grip still fit ok or will I have "slack" where the grooves used to be?

Thanks for any help!

Idea of how long they last? some sand paper type tape I've used in past has worn pretty quick and needed to be replaced after only a dozen or so range sessions. Same here???

It's lasted longer than the SV Scott Grip I had previously. So, unless your hands are like sandpaper, they should last a hell of a lot longer than 12 sessions.

Second I've removed the finger grooves on one of my-23's, will the grip still fit ok or will I have "slack" where the grooves used to be?

It'll fit fine. The grips stretch a bit to cover the grooves.

Too bad nobody mentioned Eric Wesselmans TruGrip tape.

It has cut outs for the finger grooves , and unlike skateboard tape has enough stretch to actually cover the curvaceous posterior of the Glock grip.

Comes in two pieces for complete coverage.

Maybe someone could post a link ?

Travis F.

Too bad nobody mentioned Eric Wesselmans TruGrip tape.

It has cut outs for the finger grooves , and unlike skateboard tape has enough stretch to actually cover the curvaceous posterior of the Glock grip.

Comes in two pieces for complete coverage.

Maybe someone could post a link ?

Travis F.

I've been using the rubber texture decal grips and have been pretty happy with them, couple of questions Erics product

Thanks for any help!

I have had a piece of Eric's tape on my G34 for about a year now. 3000rds and much dryfire. One piece has lasted that long. The 3 pack will last a while.

It's a separate piece. Since it goes on first, and the rest of the grip goes on over it, you would have to cut it off if for some reason you just wanted to remove the back.

I doubt if you'd ever want to remove it. I've tried a lot of grip/skateboard tape and have a roll of stuff that I love....however it still isn't as good as the TruGrip.

Wow that Eric Wesselmans' stuff looks pretty good... but this is what I do for my G35, 34, 21...etc I bought the Agrip originally and used the pattern for skateboard tape (the GF stole the Agrip for her G19) I change tape every few months by choice (I shoot matches 3-4weekends a month). I can put any color or design tape I want and it works great. I use a hairdryer to make the tape more pliable on application. I have not had it slip or move at all and I shoot in 100+ degree weather. Good luck!